You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????

ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
My recent spin up of my TKO freebie money got me thinking. I decided after taking £25 Tko money to £500 that im going to cash a huge chunk of it off. I'm determind not to play all those hours and not enjoy the money. I've always cashed off big tournament wins or good cash runs that i've built as i play for fun and the extra money makes for luxarys for the Mrs & kids that i otherwise would not be buying them.

My daughters birthday comes up on the 19th and im pleased and proud to say she'll be having an extra special one from the money i've won.

I wondered how often players on the site cash off there profit to enjoy in their "Real" lives or is it all about bankroll building for you future Phil Iveys lol

Add your thoughts Peeps !!!!

Comments

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited March 2010
    been playing with the same money since sept 2009 i deposited £6 and  currently have about £70 have been tempted to draw a few quid for a free night out but think i will jinx myself.
    perhaps i will draw some the next time i win the primo (note to bryan whatshisname this is a joke)
    anyway nice work mate hope you and your daughter have a day to remember
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010
    In Response to How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????:
    My recent spin up of my TKO freebie money got me thinking. I decided after taking £25 Tko money to £500 that im going to cash a huge chunk of it off. I'm determind not to play all those hours and not enjoy the money. I've always cashed off big tournament wins or good cash runs that i've built as i play for fun and the extra money makes for luxarys for the Mrs & kids that i otherwise would not be buying them. My daughters birthday comes up on the 19th and im pleased and proud to say she'll be having an extra special one from the money i've won. I wondered how often players on the site cash off there profit to enjoy in their "Real" lives or is it all about bankroll building for you future Phil Iveys lol Add your thoughts Peeps !!!!
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    hi m8y ,

i think i may be different to most of the players on here,

when it comes to br management .

over the past 3 years i tend to build up my br and withdraw

for luxuries for the kids / irene doors and myself .

in total i have withdrawn 7.5k thereabouts.

bought myself and irene doors laptops,

bought myself wide screen tv [ which the kids don't let me watch lol ]

the kids have got ds, wii and other bits and bobs .

my br payed for hols in spain also .

two rules i have with my br are ,

i always leave 100 quid in ,

and never play with more then 2 o/o br in the one game .

i do find the monthly tenner i invest in sharkscope,

a great money spinner !

hope this don't come across as a brag ,

its just to show new players,

what you can do if you don't want to play high stakes

and have fun with the winnings instead .

rover and withdraw out lol !

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    Im much the same as you Irish. I have no illusions of being a high stakes player in my life so when i turn a decent profit which i manage to do here and other sites i like to spend it. From a lot of the converastions you see through the forum you can sometimes get the impression from people that they are all beavering away just trying to grind a bankroll to play higher. I was interested to see if i was the only one who actually liked to spend this money were all clamouring to get :)

The money on at the moment has been spun up with an absolute disregard to BR managment lol but having done it i'm going to enjoy it and repay the wife and kids for me ignoring them for the last 2 weeks while i did this lol

The spin up isn't over yet, i'll leave myself a couple of hundred and see what i can do with that but i find there its nice to look around my house at all the c r a p my wife has bought and think "well at least i didn't have to work to buy that" lol
  • Options
    -Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
    edited March 2010
    I used to start at £10 and build up to about £60, then draw  out and build up again. However, if i feel that the cards are bad and i'm having a bad run, i withdraw the lot, wait a week or so and reload, with £10 (which has happened a few times).

Reading a lot about BR mangment lately and have decided to try not to withdraw any. From my last reload of £30 in Nov09,  i'm up about £240. Not looking to draw just yet though or not until i hit the £300 or £400 mark.

Onwards and upwards, (i hope)
  • Options
    agboyagboy Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????:
    I used to start at £10 and build up to about £60, then draw  out and build up again. However, if i feel that the cards are bad and i'm having a bad run, i withdraw the lot, wait a week or so and reload, with £10 (which has happened a few times). Reading a lot about BR mangment lately and have decided to try not to withdraw any. From my last reload of £30 in Nov09,  i'm up about £240. Not looking to draw just yet though or not until i hit the £300 or £400 mark. Onwards and upwards, (i hope)
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    i work on much the same principle as this! although my last deposit was on the 9th feb for a tenner, BR is at £90 at the moment and have drawn £45! all a bit random to be honest and roll managment defo isnt my strongest point! but the beer always tastes sweeter when its free!haha! no flat screen tvs or lap tops just yet though! haha!
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited March 2010
    In Response to How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????:
    My recent spin up of my TKO freebie money got me thinking. I decided after taking £25 Tko money to £500 that im going to cash a huge chunk of it off. I'm determind not to play all those hours and not enjoy the money. I've always cashed off big tournament wins or good cash runs that i've built as i play for fun and the extra money makes for luxarys for the Mrs & kids that i otherwise would not be buying them. My daughters birthday comes up on the 19th and im pleased and proud to say she'll be having an extra special one from the money i've won. I wondered how often players on the site cash off there profit to enjoy in their "Real" lives or is it all about bankroll building for you future Phil Iveys lol Add your thoughts Peeps !!!!
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    You sir  are a star !!!   ..THAT IS  REAL  bankroll management  ..

Everyone take  note,  win it and enjoy it !
    and ...  Irish Rover, same thing ....   

Tomorrow you might not have money to play poker  BUT so what,   there will be another day, another game  ..

Today we will be Kings  !!

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    edited March 2010
    withdrew 1500 in last 12 months and ive not seen a penny of it **** recession, in and out of work all the time no luxuries in the stokefc household got to keep a roof over our heads.anyways not deposited for about 12 months now about £30 and my br is steady bout £650 at the mo,hopefully i can have a good run of work now winters coming to an end and i can keep building,me br that is,i,d love to take the wife and kids on holiday with me poker winnings that would be a dream come true
  • Options
    agboyagboy Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2010
    withdrew 1500 in last 12 months and ive not seen a penny of it **** recession, in and out of work all the time no luxuries in the stokefc household got to keep a roof over our heads.anyways not deposited for about 12 months now about £30 and my br is steady bout £650 at the mo,hopefully i can have a good run of work now winters coming to an end and i can keep building,me br that is,i,d love to take the wife and kids on holiday with me poker winnings that would be a dream come true
    Posted by stokefc
    good luck to you mate!
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited March 2010
    Too often. I am addicted to spending money on clothes like stupid amounts of money. Dunno what my problem is.. someone help me!!!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    Too often. I am addicted to spending money on clothes like stupid amounts of money. Dunno what my problem is.. someone help me!!!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Maybe theirs a woman inside you waiting to get out lol!!! PS they aint womens clothes are they??
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    Posted by lJAMESl

Men's clothes are considerably cheaper than women's clothes. To save money simply stop buying all those women's clothes James.
  • Options
    MadHorseMadHorse Member Posts: 257
    edited March 2010
    I eat steak every other night for dinner.
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited March 2010
    Just stay away from ebay... that's all I'm saying... always find something you want to buy lol!

I recently brought a new semi-acoustic guitar for £600, as well as a very expensive golf bag setup..... but then again I have to withdraw to pay bills etc!

• Options
    edited March 2010
    I eat steak every other night for dinner.
    Posted by MadHorse
    isn, that cannabalism,you can get horse steak can,t ya
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit???? : Men's clothes are considerably cheaper than women's clothes. To save money simply stop buying all those women's clothes James.
    Posted by elsadog
    no way are mens clothes cheaper!!! thats a joke surely?
  • Options
    MadHorseMadHorse Member Posts: 257
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit???? : isn, that cannabalism,you can get horse steak can,t ya
    Posted by stokefc
    I have seen many horses in my life but ive never seen one that looks like a cow!

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    i spend all of my profit trying to make webby happy :(
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited March 2010
    I tend to have a bankroll target, once I reach that I cash anything over that out. Not always to buy luxuries, normally to either top up the bank account or to play live events. I try and put some into another account to save up for our wedding, but that always gets used on things. Just this week I bought myself a new computer which was pretty pricey but hopefully that means now I can play more games I can turn over a bigger profit.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited March 2010
    Hahaha! How did you all guess. Yes it's true I wear my Mrs skirts when shes out! I'm a bit like Alex Reid but less orange!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit???? : I have seen many horses in my life but ive never seen one that looks like a cow!
    Posted by MadHorse
    i dunno m8 the ones across from us could be cows but they look like horses but then again i could be wrong