You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Carrots and Sticks

13»

Comments

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    HAYSIE said:

This started off trying to find a way of encouraging players to register early rather than late. I think it is possible to discount early entry without penalising late entries as I said in my last post.
    I think that many players register late because they cant be bothered, and a small number have genuine reasons.
    An idea of the scale of this is that I look at the main some nights and only one third register before the start and two thirds late. That means around 80 runners pre start, and 160 after.
    This results in a number of small tourneys getting cancelled because not enough players have registered early enough.
    So I think a discount for early entry would go some way to addressing this problem. Although, however much you incentivise it, you will still have late entries, but maybe a lot less.
    As it stands many players seem to prefer to late enter a sat, rather than enter the next one, even when they are being played at half hour intervals, which in itself causes sats to be cancelled.
    The problem about players shoving for value first hand would be partly solved by this method as you would have more players registering early which obviously affects the value.
    What would really stop it in addition to this would be to run every sat until the end of the late entry period. So if you have shoved first hand and won, you will be sitting there on your own, just like on a cash table, waiting for the late entrants.
    Doing this would completely stop the shoving.

I don't understand how you have some to the conclusion that only a small number of players have genuine reasons to late reg.

Sats do frequently get cancelled but I don't know how much of an issue it is for normal MTTs.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,156
    I am certain that if you incentivised early entry, you would not get two thirds entering late. You would also not get 10 late entries in a 2.30 sat, and the 3pm cancelled.
    The £22 bounty hunter last Saturday 4 entries at one minute before, another two in the dying seconds, so it took off with 6, then 12 late entries. Within seconds of being cancelled.