You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Favourite Races/Bet

Hi Neil,

Nice to see you have had a few decent runs during UKOPS .

Not a poker question but what 3 races do you look forward to most during the year ?

Also most memorable bet on the horses.

Mine would be.

1. Champion Hurdle at the festival ( Cheltenham )

2.King George (kempton ) St Stephens Day

3 Ryanair Hurdle . Last day of Christmas festival at my local track ( Leopardstown )

Most memorable / favourite bet goes back to the Cheltenham festival 2008

That was the year we lost a day due to high winds I think.
First day pretty much drew blanks , day 2 abandoned , day 3 not much doing .
Fourth day had a funeral to attend so missed placing bets that morning so when I eventually got to bookmakers there was only 2 races left. So decided to have 3 bets, two singles and 1 each way double. The horses where Tiger Cry and Silver Jaro . The last race seemed to go on forever and I can still remember the race but not much after that ; )

Comments

• Options
    TwoAnchorsTwoAnchors Member Posts: 126
    I'm "all in" on Neil's answer mentioning 8 and 16 runner handicaps.
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    don't know about my best bet, my worst ever bet was Scotland to win the world cup,we were 2nd favs to win it,i got 9/2
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    Races I guess the Grand National would have to be one. Never really done great on it but it's always exciting and fun to bet on. I love Royal ascot and both the Wokingham and the Hunt Cup have been kind to me in the past so I'd pick one of those. As for Cheltenham I have no particular race I love the most so I'll have to say the Sky Bet Supreme Novices Hurdle which starts the best week of racing of the year.

Most memorable bet was probably the Gold Cup in 2014 when Lord Windermere won. I had a massive chunk each-way at 33/1 and it took me literally weeks to collect all the money. Survived a long stewards enquiry so it was all great fun.