You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How many tables, & why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Given that there is new software in the pipeline I have a controversial suggestion to add (DTM will hate me for this so sorry James!).

On my second favourite poker site (Sky being the first of course!) they limit cash game players to a maximum of 6 tables (even if mixing stakes). This has a real positive effect on the ecology of the games there as recreational players won't find themselves in super slow nitty games with 3+ other players who are all grinding away on 12-18 tables at the same time. I think a similar move by Sky would be a real plus in terms of game quality, making the deposits of recreational players last longer, and also a great leveller for some of the many great promos run here.

Do you not think these players will just fire up more tables on another site?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    MattBates said:

Given that there is new software in the pipeline I have a controversial suggestion to add (DTM will hate me for this so sorry James!).

On my second favourite poker site (Sky being the first of course!) they limit cash game players to a maximum of 6 tables (even if mixing stakes). This has a real positive effect on the ecology of the games there as recreational players won't find themselves in super slow nitty games with 3+ other players who are all grinding away on 12-18 tables at the same time. I think a similar move by Sky would be a real plus in terms of game quality, making the deposits of recreational players last longer, and also a great leveller for some of the many great promos run here.

Do you not think these players will just fire up more tables on another site?
    That wouldn't matter in terms of the player ratios on the tables at sky though which is the most pertinent part of my suggestion.