You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£500 Guaranteed PLO8 BH MTT tonight at 9.15pm

2»

Comments

• markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    I have not commented yet on the debate about satellites but have some thoughts so will chuck my 2 cents into the mix.

Firstly I think the Sunday £33 PLO8 BH is doing 'okay'. It is, thus far, performing well enough in relation to the guarantee. I would therefore personally disagree if the tourney was removed or made a monthly affair (obviously this is not my decision though). However in relation to where the entry numbers could/should realistically be I feel it is falling ever so slightly below expectation. I feel one of the reasons it is falling slightly below where it could be has been highlighted very well in the previous posts.

Now in an ideal world (I know this is not an ideal world and it is unlikely ever to be an ideal world) we would have PLO8 games from £1.10 to £530. In that scenario certain buy ins would be good for some and not for others. We will all be in varying financial situations for a myriad of reasons. For this reason, I do not feel that just because the tourney may be a little above the buy in level which some wish to play, that it should be jeopardised. The idea is to offer different buy in levels to different players and hopefully some can also play them all.

Having said that. I think it is sensible to ask if everything that can reasonably be done to make the game accessible to as many players as possible is being done.

Satellites is the obvious answer but as @Tikay10 mentions this might not work for Sky. I can understand why this is the case. However, many have mentioned satellites here and on the Facebook thread and at the tables. I feel personally the idea @Essexphil put forward is a very interesting solution (to make the Sunday £5.50 7:15pm game a £200 satellite). Not sure if this would work but the idea definitely seems to have merit and surely is worth consideration.

Another issue is the gap between buy in levels. It certainly is a hefty jump from £5.50 to £33. I did have it in the long term plans to prepare some extremely in depth PowerPoint presentations for @Sky_James highlighting the benefits to mankind, and the universe in general, of having PLO8 offerings at other buy in levels. However, he has been so good thus far in introducing the games that I thought I should keep those PowerPoints tucked away on my pen drive and show some mercy for now.

There are though gaps in the PLO8 schedule into which some other PLO8 BHs could be added. For example the £11 which was scrapped always done rather well, it just struggled with a £400 guarantee and a late time slot. An £11 PLO8 BH at around 6:30pm would probably annihilate a reasonable guarantee of around £200 and would not interfere with other tourneys. A £1.10 or £2.20 rebuy PLO8 BH around 6pm with a sensible guarantee around £50-£80 would likely do very well too.

These tourneys (and Phil's Sunday 7:15pm satty idea) would offer games for a wider range of bankrolls and bridge the current buy in gap without obviously hampering any other tourneys. This is obviously for @Sky_James et al to decide and I will not be harping on about it (for at least a week or 2) as he has been so splendid thus far.

P.S. I would not mention any of this purely in the hope of getting games introduced which I liked. However, what has been introduced so far seems profitable to Sky which IMO makes the debate worth having. If I didn't think the introduction of any of these games would be beneficial to Sky then I would not mention them as they would, quite rightly, be a non starter.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents on the matter. I have just had my work hours seriously increased starting in January so I will be lucky to see many of these games, pfft, the irony...
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

"....Anyways, that is my 2 cents on the matter....."

I'm relieved you never decided to have a dollar's worth.
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

"....Anyways, that is my 2 cents on the matter....."

I'm relieved you never decided to have a dollar's worth.

To be fair I have been relatively brief lately. I was due one ramble surely :p