You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

pentagon promotion

This is similar to recent promotions the problem being as a low cash player I struggle to accumulate enough points to play in the higher leagues.
However some higher rollers drop down to the lower leagues to cherry pick the top places which I feel is unfair
Leagues should be based on the level people play at to give everyone a chance with the lowest league based on players playing 2p/4p next 5p/10p and so on otherwise a player playing £1/£2 in league 5 is sure to finish in the top 3

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    tosca21 said:

This is similar to recent promotions the problem being as a low cash player I struggle to accumulate enough points to play in the higher leagues.
    However some higher rollers drop down to the lower leagues to cherry pick the top places which I feel is unfair
    Leagues should be based on the level people play at to give everyone a chance with the lowest league based on players playing 2p/4p next 5p/10p and so on otherwise a player playing £1/£2 in league 5 is sure to finish in the top 3

It's a tough balance - If Sky do your suggestion of sorting by stake, then you just end up with regulars up to about 20nl dropping down to 4nl just to accumulate points. You'd win more from the promo but you'd probably lose just as much, if not more, from having tougher tables with better players on them.

Also, your suggestion only works for cash-only promos, which this one is not. If you were to stick SNG up to £X in with 2p/4p cash for example, you then have the problem of balancing things so that people playing £X Turbo DYMs aren't just racking up points so fast that they lock out the top 20-30 spots and give the cash players no chance.

Think the best way is to just take the rough with the smooth. Every promotion is going to advantage some groups of players over others, and there's not a whole lot anyone can really do about it, besides rotating the promotions so that cash, SNG and MTT players, high stakes and micro stakes players all get a favourable promo once in a while.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I do understand your point (OP) but not sure sky can do it any other way. Although this promo makes the tables a lot harder! Means I need to stop HU and come to ring to compete in this promo :) Hard life