You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

PLO8 HU SNG Easy Fold?

step7step7 Member Posts: 298
edited January 2018 in The Poker Clinic
Hand #1 of £2 PLO8 HU SNG
Villian losing reg, ROI 0.6%, has managed to lose £1,500 @ £2.50 avg stake over 15k games.

Villain turned out to be bet happy over the course of this and the next match, fair play to them constantly denying me my equity.
Is this a snap fold river? Am I being too tight - pretty sure villain is just bombing a made low here. Villain open raises regularly so confident they limp calling weak semi-playable hand here.

Thoughts on turn call virtually guaranteed to be facing river bet?

Comments

• Options
    TOOTRUETOOTRUE Member Posts: 192
    Hi Step,

I am assuming that you did not know your opponent. In which case, I would fold on the turn after you have checked. Against an opponent that you either do not know or which you have noted does not have a strong plo8 hu sng record I would suspect that there would be better spots you can find to win the match. It was early stages and hence folding on the turn still leaves you 1,350 chips at low blinds. You might be splitting the pot or could even be scooping, but there will be other times later in the game where you will have more certainty of having half the pot or even scooping and can get a lot of chips in. Take a little time early on in these games to spot how your opponent plays when you have no notes on them. In plo8 you can usually tell quite quickly in the first level the best strategy to adopt to win the game against an opponent you do not initially know. Against a bet happy player that cannot fold, you are looking for the hand where you can scoop the pot and at the turn, this was not the hand to proceed with.