You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker bots

What, if any, is the point of playing poker against robots.

Comments

• Options
    sockthingsockthing Member Posts: 8
    There is something online at present named H3enry playing on 6 tables at the same time. what is the point?...
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    edited January 2018
    sockthing said:

There is something online at present named H3enry playing on 6 tables at the same time. what is the point?...

Many people play many tables on many sites.
  • Options
    Apologies its actually H3NRY. Still going strong on 6 or more tables. There is just no point playing to lose against computer power. unfortunately it looks like all poker sites are stuck with this problem.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,521
    edited January 2018
    sockthing said:

Playing 6 tables does not mean he is a bot. Lots of players "multi-table", they are real people.

I have played 5 or 6 tables all evening most days for many years, including tonight.

I know many players here who 8, 10, 12 and even 20 tables at the same time.

Most of the bigger MTT players here play 10 or 12 MTT's every night, most of them simultaneously.

Playing 6 tables is absolutely normal in online poker. These are regular people, not bots.

PS - there used to be a chap on 'Stars who played over 40 tables simultaneously for 24 hours - and made a profit. I interviewed him once, I'll try and find a link to it.
  • Options

I can't find the interview I did, but here's Elky - a real & very well known man - playing 54 tables at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqku2HcIn2Q
  • Options
    sockthing said:

Apologies its actually H3NRY. Still going strong on 6 or more tables. There is just no point playing to lose against computer power. unfortunately it looks like all poker sites are stuck with this problem.

H3NRY is a real person.
  • Options
    I apologize wholeheartedly to all those people who are able to concentrate and play coherently on 8, 10, 12 or more tables at the same time. That to my mind is in itself robotic. There may be some out there who are capable of doing this, but the suspicion of robots at play here is undeniable. I would love to just be able to participate in a game I believed was a fair one.
  • Options
    sockthing said:

I apologize wholeheartedly to all those people who are able to concentrate and play coherently on 8, 10, 12 or more tables at the same time. That to my mind is in itself robotic. There may be some out there who are capable of doing this, but the suspicion of robots at play here is undeniable. I would love to just be able to participate in a game I believed was a fair one.

There are no robots on Sky Poker Mr Sock, and the games here are completely fair.

Playing 6 tables is not robotic, it's quite easy, many, many players do it.
  • Options
    Apologies to H3NRY. I'd love to think it's my cynicism getting the better of me, but I can't help but have doubts about the ongoing legitimacy of poker sites with the ongoing advancement of the bots.
  • Options

^^^^^

He sucks.
  • Options
    he'll also wipe the floor with you.
  • Options
    You can guarantee that can you?
    How.?
    I'd love to believe that's the case, but somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the useful insight's. I'll get me coat and leave you to it.
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

sockthing said:

Playing 6 tables does not mean he is a bot. Lots of players "multi-table", they are real people.

I have played 5 or 6 tables all evening most days for many years, including tonight.

I know many players here who 8, 10, 12 and even 20 tables at the same time.

Most of the bigger MTT players here play 10 or 12 MTT's every night, most of them simultaneously.

Playing 6 tables is absolutely normal in online poker. These are regular people, not bots.

PS - there used to be a chap on 'Stars who played over 40 tables simultaneously for 24 hours - and made a profit. I interviewed him once, I'll try and find a link to it.
    I think you may mean Boku he also did a great prop bet from $100 - $10k in just 15 days think the details are still online the guys a beast of a player.

link to his blog http://10kpropbet.blogspot.co.uk/

think he played 50 tables at one point :)

• Options

^^^^^^

Thanks @JJBinks .

If @sockthing is still reading, here's something you should take a look at. Randy Lew explains how he makes decisions whilst 24 tabling.

I just found the interview I did in Las Vegas 5 years ago, it was with Randy Lew, aka nanonoko.

FWIW, he is a lovely, polite & well-adjusted young man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rx1ya-wRnc
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    great interview Tikay, well played sir.
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

great interview Tikay, well played sir.

I recall it so well as he was such a nice young man, polite, humble, respectful, & with a great outlook on life & poker.

Smashing kid.