You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Puzzling (?) £1/1 spot. Thoughts welcome.

2»

Comments

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    What had the rest of the table been like? As that can affect one's limping "trap" range... it's usually something I never do except if there's a maniac who is raising every time (and if they're that much of a maniac, they could also 3b a lot in which case I still want to raise)

Any description of villain? I know stereotyping is not very millenial.... but I would expect very few younger players to be limping with a strong hand pre-flop.

On to the hand, I think we're probably beat a good amount but we only need to be right 1 in 4 to break even - and I have called enough times in similar spots to know that it's a winning strategy to be a calling station in close spots like this.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228

What had the rest of the table been like? As that can affect one's limping "trap" range... it's usually something I never do except if there's a maniac who is raising every time (and if they're that much of a maniac, they could also 3b a lot in which case I still want to raise)

Any description of villain? I know stereotyping is not very millenial.... but I would expect very few younger players to be limping with a strong hand pre-flop.

On to the hand, I think we're probably beat a good amount but we only need to be right 1 in 4 to break even - and I have called enough times in similar spots to know that it's a winning strategy to be a calling station in close spots like this.

Good questions.

The table had been very dry - no levelling or interesting dynamics going on. None that I noticed, at least. Villain was a MAWG and pretty snug from what I could tell - certainly not running over the table, iso-ing the weaker players, or anything of that nature.

Whilst we don't have to be right a ton, I just feel that in this spot, especially with villain's later actions on the river (checking sets/TPGK IP etc), and - eurgh - a live "feel" I just don't think we're good almost ever.

That said, I love hero-ing and have called plenty of 100bb+ river bets w/fourth pr, ak-high and all sorts of stuff but this just felt...off.
  • Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    What do we think tight competent villain limps in EP then bets out on flop that A9 beats?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727

MAWG, though.