You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

4 Seat STT Question

MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
Hi guys

I,ve been playing a few of these recently on another site and thought i,d ask for some advice on here

These games are fast and furious and can sometimes be over in 1 or 2 hands so its imperative i get it right, from the start

Heres the structure ;

4 players
2 minute blinds
100 chips - blinds starting at 10/20 - 15/30 -20/40 -25/50 - 30/60
1st pays

1/ What should i be shoving with in 1st and 2nd hands hands before the blinds get to me ?

At the moment i,m shoving K 10 off + but not sure if thats to tight or loose

2/ What should i be calling 1 shove with on my first BB assuming i still have my 100 chips?

At the moment i,m calling with KQ off + but again not 100% sure

PS Any advice on this structure would also be appreciated

Thx

P

Comments

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    All I can suggest here is you shove any Ax Kx, any two broadway cards, suited cards connector cards and PP

I'd say the calling range should be any Ax, Kxs mid PP and any two broadway cards.

based on your description of this tournament it's gonna be very hard to really give a hand range you'll get so few hands to actually double up your current stack and if you don't then you'll become too short stacked in a HU spot
  • Options
    All I can suggest here is you shove any Ax Kx, any two broadway cards, suited cards connector cards and PP

Thx Craig

I,ve been doing that but i recently subscribed to icmizer. I,m not used and think i,ve set it up wrong as its saying i should be shoving with Q,10 off from UTG after i altered their hand ranges from 25% to 60% to call. That can,t be right can it
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    If a player is gonna call 60% of his hand range then Q10 should be in your hand range. 35% of an opponents hand range will be sitting ahead of Q10, some of those hands will dominate your hand but you've got atleast 40% equity against most of that hand range.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    I imagine q10 would be a snap shove staring 5bb deep 4 handed.

I would look into nash so you can understand just how wide you can be shoving to be profitable
  • Options
    Thx guys - I have been dominated quite a bit with the q 10 but have been forgetting the amount of blinds i,m picking up so shoving it every time now

I,m still finding ICMizer a bit tricky as i can,t seem to get the exact structure of the games i,m playing as there not on the sites listed on there so have to create my own game and do it from there. A lot of the shoves still seem wide tho

Also starting using the SNG coach and getting my 25 questions a day which has highlighted 1 or 2 things i,ve been doing wrong and should help my short stack play in other formats as well

I,ve started playing 4 max with 400 starting stack now (140 second blinds again) starting at 10/20 so having to re-adjust to that but any advice on that would be good

Thx

P
  • Options
    I,ve gone back to the 100 chip starting stack games. (4 players)

The blinds start at 10/20 and go up every 2 minutes.

I keep finding myself limping on the SB esp. with low suited connectors.

In this super quick format with 5BB starting stack is it a case of shove/fold or are there any situations where limping would be appropriate?

Thx

P