You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blast! The curse of the AQ strikes again!

bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Well just played in another rebuy tourney (not here, sorry) with 700 runners and after sitting back through the carnage of the early rounds (apart from the odd foray with AA, KK and so on...) and watching them tear each other to pieces with their all-ins and rebuys, only to do it all over again....and again...and again I eventually built up a nice comfy stack.

With the rebuy/add ons behind me I settled down to a nice game of cut and thrust where appropriate. On the button I wake up with AQ and everyone either folding or limping in before me I gave it a nice little 3x raise..(I don't trust AQ as it's burned me so many times before) and thought well if I get raised or it doesn't hit at least I can get off it with minimal damage. The SB & UTG player came with me, the flop showing 7h Qs 3h. Top pair, top kicker. I put in a 3/4 size bet and still couldn't shake them...Turncard ...9c  In goes a pot size bet, the SB goes all-in and UTG folds.... The most likely hand I could put him on was a flush draw and being pot committed in went my chips!

River comes down 10 h!!! he's hit his flush!! 4,9,7,3,10 hearts!

H*llfire, b*gger and blast!!!

Oh well, if there's one thing Tikay has taught me it's no use crying over spilt milk!

Sooooooooooo.............

It's back to the drawing board once again!

Stay happy!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited March 2010
    My nemesis is Ace Jack.  I blame Lisa Marie myself lol.  I may start a thread about it lol
  • Options
    TWONS111TWONS111 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Blast! The curse of the AQ strikes again!:
    My nemesis is Ace Jack.  I blame Lisa Marie myself lol.  I may start a thread about it lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    get into a lot of trouble wth both AQ and AJ myself
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited March 2010
    Unlucky Bobcat, you seemed to play it how I would of too..

Thats the lovely game of Poker that we ALWAYS keep coming back too! :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited March 2010

Look at it the glass half-full way Mike.

It would have been the same result if your A-Q was Aces.........

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited March 2010
    AQ AJ JJ THREE OF THE MOST OVERRATED STARTING HANDS IN POKER IMO