You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Correct jam in the £33BH?

Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
Couldn't work out how to format this properly but was looking to get some advice on this hand. Player 1 is a losing player and the Villain is a good reg. It is in the early to mid stages of the £33 BH. My reasons for going All in is i didn't want to flat such a big raise out of position with a hand such as 10s where there are a lot of bad flops but is still a very strong hand. Folding is probably bad so I chose to go all in, but is this shove far to big (42bb)? How would you play the hand?

Small blind 100 Big blind 200

Your hole cards

Francotir Fold
_SHAAAZAM_ Fold
Player 1 Call 200 (15138.75)
Villain Raise 1100 (18846.24)
ayass81 Fold
Summers119 All-in 8428.75
Player 1 Fold
Villain Raise 15057.50
Pot 25086.25

Flop
Turn
• J
River
• K

Villain Win Pair of Aces 17557.50 28874

Comments

• Options
    I am in the big blind and the Villain made it 1100 from the button after a cutoff limp.
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    Hello Summer. I think committing 42 big blinds with a medium strength hand personally a mistake as at best you are flipping but more than likely dominated. Playing 10s out of position is tricky but you are able to fold to ace x flops etc and still have a playable stack. Saying that if you feel the villain is being very aggressive this isn't such a bad play.

Overall I would say shoving at this stage is not advisable and that you would be able find a better spot toward the mid later stages and put your money in ahead rather than at best flipping.
  • Options
    Hi @Kerrnal! Thanks for your feedback. I agree maybe a little too big a shove but I feel I can fold out even JJ AQ and lower with this jam and so I can deny a lot of equity. However I think trying to define a range to do this with will be difficult as I wouldn’t want to name AA for example I would rather reraise to 3k or call and also when they raise this big it usually looks like a very strong hand. One question would you jam 10s in my spot with 30bb?
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    @Summers119. Yes I agree you can fold out aq jj . It is very hard to put our opponent on a specific hand but 1010 will never be in good shape. I think even 1010 with 30bb I would fold. Sub 15-20 BB I would take the more shove light, call tight approach putting pressure on our opponents and building up a stack.
  • Options
    Okay thank you for your advice mate - some very good insight.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    forget folding! forget shoving, just flat and be prepared to feel comfortable playing further streets. if flop comes akx we can fold to c bet if he checks we can happily 33% pot bet /fold and still have 30bbs to play with.

I would not consider shoving this spot until we were around 15bb (roughly 3k stack) and against an aggressive opponent the shove will be showing enough of a profit to do it over an over again
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback @Itsover4u! Just FYI I would not jam here over a regular 3 bet to 1100 or slightly higher its just that he made it so big isolating a limper and I felt he would do this with a lot of suited broadways or even KQo/88 etc hence i shoved to deny equity and even to get hands like JJ fold and if im up against Ak i am flipping.

Obviously if he tables qq, kk and aa its a massive punt so I agree I should just call here but if I had 25bb I would probably jam as calling 5.5bb is a disaster with a hand such as 10s no and I don't like to fold here?
  • Options
    The limper was limping a lot by the way.
  • Options
    Hi @FeelGroggy! Thank you for taking the time to give me such good feedback. What you said was bascially my thought process and makes feel better about my play. I agree with the sizing though it does lean more to a bigger hand so folding is probably best. Thanks again and congrats on all your recent results!