You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Hi

steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
Sky poker has been running fine for awhile now and then i updated AdobeAir approx 3 days ago and ever since its been lagging, everytime i click the table it doesnt respond for a few seconds and then when i want to make a r/f/c action it takes 3-5 more seconds to respond after pressing the button, often resulting in timeout, has anyone else experienced this/managed to rectify it?

Comments

• Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    ''Dear Customer,

We've received your email and will aim to respond within 72 hours, however this may be longer due to high volumes of contacts. If your query requires urgent assistance please contact us via Social Media, Live Chat or Phone; details are available on our Help & Support sites online. ''

I clicked on live chat on the software but it only links to a page where the live chat button doesnt work :/
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    Hi Stevey there was a thread a while ago that covered something similar.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

Morning @steveysee

Sorry you had trouble getting hold of CC, though to be honest, I doubt they'd know the answer to this one. It's more likely that one of the resident Forum IT experts might be able to come up with a solution.

This specific problem is not affecting others, though that's no comfort to you.

I'd suggest uninstalling & reinstalling the DC, but I'm only guessing.

Hope it gets sorted or resolves itself soon.

PS - well done on making the Final Table in the 1745 tenner BH yesterday.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I think it is affecting others. On one of my tables Mr Spittles asked if people were finding it laggy and a few of us, me included, said it was. To be honest I think a lot of regs just accept that the software will be laggy and isn't much point in saying anything. The bigger issues such as not being able to see points (when promo is on and knowing your points is pretty key) or not being able to see HH gets reported but other issues are just accepted.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

I think it is affecting others. On one of my tables Mr Spittles asked if people were finding it laggy and a few of us, me included, said it was. To be honest I think a lot of regs just accept that the software will be laggy and isn't much point in saying anything. The bigger issues such as not being able to see points (when promo is on and knowing your points is pretty key) or not being able to see HH gets reported but other issues are just accepted.

Thanks Matt, though I have to say, I use the site every night & I've had zero "lag" or lag-related problems. Maybe I just run good. ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Thanks Matt, though I have to say, I use the site every night & I've had zero "lag" or lag-related problems. Maybe I just run good. ;)
    I heard you run the best of anyone on the site, people often call you a luckbox!
  • Options
    ^^^

Ha, not wrong.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised if many people are having to wait 5 seconds for the "click" to take effect. 5 seconds is a long time, relatively. Timing out would take 15 seconds (or is it 20?), if that were happening much the site would be unuseable. The Forum would be nice & busy though. ;)

Good luck tomorrow, Matt, in Road to Manchester. You have qualified, right?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

^^^

Ha, not wrong.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised if many people are having to wait 5 seconds for the "click" to take effect. 5 seconds is a long time, relatively. Timing out would take 15 seconds (or is it 20?), if that were happening much the site would be unuseable. The Forum would be nice & busy though. ;)

For Road to Manchester, I decided to not win a package via a satellite to give someone else a chance to win.

Are you there to provide updates?
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^

Ha, not wrong.

For Road to Manchester, I decided to not win a package via a satellite to give someone else a chance to win.

Certainly am, and with a "limited field" (36) it should be a good Update.

Catching the train from Euston in the morning &, with any luck, breakfast on the train. Sheer decadence.

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^

Ha, not wrong.

Catching the train from Euston in the morning &, with any luck, breakfast on the train. Sheer decadence.

Can you find out why JJBINKS hasn’t been around since February please.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^

Ha, not wrong.

If he is happy to share that, yes, happy to ask.

Been busy being balla I would imagine.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Tikay10 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^

Ha, not wrong.

If he is happy to share that, yes, happy to ask.

Been busy being balla I would imagine.
    OFC, if he isn't id expect no reply :D If he doesn't want to share with you, ask him to sling me a PM :D Thanks