You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Review of UKOPS Day 4 (Easter Sunday)

2»

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2018
    MattBates said:

Amazed how far off the mark you are here Aussie

Steve Harmison would have been proud of how wide that one was.

As I said Aussie, look at Maxally's behaviour over time and consider who is consistently in the wrong. Thus think about to whom the "Troll" label really applies.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    EvilPingu said:

MattBates said:

Amazed how far off the mark you are here Aussie

Steve Harmison would have been proud of how wide that one was.

As I said Aussie, look at Maxally's behaviour over time and consider who is consistently in the wrong. Thus think about to whom the "Troll" label really applies.

this is a thread about UKOPS on Sunday, isn't it?

i still make no comment about what you posted. my response to your post is not wide of the mark at all. if you needed to, you could have started your own thread to post your comments, it might have served your purpose better but using this thread is not good.

with your post, you tick many of the boxes in wiki's definition of a troll. check it out.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,543
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    I think most of us have sent posts that, were it a letter rather than the immediacy of a forum, we would not have sent. The post from Maxally alluded to was a particularly bad example. That said, he did at least apologise.

That doesn't make Maxally a bad person, just someone who makes occasional unwise statements. I'm probably doing that right now :) Similarly, I have to say that it is a little unfair to the Teekster to derail his thread in this way. He works hard to make these an entertaining read, and I am sure he deliberately referred to ALL of you in positive terms during these write-ups.

Can we all try and get along please, or failing that keep dislike a little more hidden? All the posters do contribute in far more positive ways, and I am not singling anyone out in this thread in a negative way. Between you all, you are the heartbeat of this forum, and usually in a good way.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2018
    Essexphil said:

I think most of us have sent posts that, were it a letter rather than the immediacy of a forum, we would not have sent. The post from Maxally alluded to was a particularly bad example. That said, he did at least apologise.

That doesn't make Maxally a bad person, just someone who makes occasional unwise statements. I'm probably doing that right now :) Similarly, I have to say that it is a little unfair to the Teekster to derail his thread in this way. He works hard to make these an entertaining read, and I am sure he deliberately referred to ALL of you in positive terms during these write-ups.

Can we all try and get along please, or failing that keep dislike a little more hidden? All the posters do contribute in far more positive ways, and I am not singling anyone out in this thread in a negative way. Between you all, you are the heartbeat of this forum, and usually in a good way.

Solid post.

I do feel like there is a line where people need to be called out for the way in which they behave, either privately or publicly. Last night, I believed Maxally's behaviour towards members of the community (myself included) over time warranted that, as I'm sick to death of it. I agree this thread isn't the right place in hindsight, but where exactly is the right place?

From my perspective: When I feel like someone is behaving like a bully towards people in the community (anyone in Outlaws, plenty of community tournament regulars that I know of who don't find his persistent needling funny), "Just let it go" isn't an option for me.

I don't think Sky would have done anything had I messaged them - He's not flagrantly breaking any rules, apart from his attack on Jac in his diary thread where precisely nothing happened afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgp33-EVqXk

(My opinion of Maxally aside, I'm all for leniency but I was quite disappointed with that tbh. I want people to be able to post interesting, genuine thread content without having to worry about someone mocking the fact they're going through a difficult time. GL having anyone post anything remotely sensitive on a diary having seen that. Definitely put me off ever reopening my diary thread.)

I don't think my opinion is one that Maxally would ever have respected enough for a PM to accomplish anything, given I was labelled as a troll long before today simply for my choice of poker friends.

If I had tried to say privately "Look mate, I think you're being a bit of a jerk and you have been for a while, cut it out", I don't think that gets anywhere with him whatsoever. I believe I would have got the same "Come and say that to my face, one on one" response that he rather kindly sent me on Facebook at some point this afternoon while hitting the "Abuse" button on my post. (I'll pass on that offer, btw)

I agree that it's unfair to Tikay to derail his thread given the effort he puts into making the community a better place, so apologies to him for that. I feel that I didn't really have any other option but to post publicly for reasons above, so I certainly welcome any suggestions on how to handle a similar situation better in future.

I'm more than happy to hide my dislike of certain people - tbh it's a pretty short list. I ask that Maxally helps me with that by respecting my friends and I, as well as leaving out the chatbox moans/digs and playing the game in the way it's meant to be played.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,524
    Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 28, 9pm Sunday, £22 entry £5,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

264 runners, & it was @chicknMelt who departed super early in 262nd, and a special shout out to the veteran Welsh chunterer @Haysie who recorded a good result by his standards in finishing 259th.

I spotted @DAVEYZZ in 37th, anyone remember him? Think he lives in Bridlington or somewhere nearby, & when the SPT's first began in about 2008 he won several of them, including 2 in the first year iirc. When the SPT's first began they were known by the catchy acronym SPUKT (Sky Poker U K Tour). Is there no limit to the imagination of the folks in Marketing? Fortunately, we are better served these days.

6th went to @grantos888, 5th was @macapaca, 4th @NooGooood, and 3rd was @seikus.

I watched the Heads Up for a while, wow, these things have a very playable structure, both players had close to 400,000 chips (792,000 chips in play) & blinds were a paltry 3,000-6,000.

It went on for a bit, & I'm embarrassed to say I preferred to watch Ian Poulter's remarkable win in the Houston Open (well hello Masters), but after what seemed an eternity, @Kerrnal finished runner-up with the win going to @SAMCRO_TM.

It was easily the best performance on Sky Poker by SAMCRO, though it's maybe worth mentioning that he's only been here a week & played just 34 MTT's. Nice start that.
    Four other players finished behind me. Who were they?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 28, 9pm Sunday, £22 entry £5,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

264 runners, & it was @chicknMelt who departed super early in 262nd, and a special shout out to the veteran Welsh chunterer @Haysie who recorded a good result by his standards in finishing 259th.

I spotted @DAVEYZZ in 37th, anyone remember him? Think he lives in Bridlington or somewhere nearby, & when the SPT's first began in about 2008 he won several of them, including 2 in the first year iirc. When the SPT's first began they were known by the catchy acronym SPUKT (Sky Poker U K Tour). Is there no limit to the imagination of the folks in Marketing? Fortunately, we are better served these days.

6th went to @grantos888, 5th was @macapaca, 4th @NooGooood, and 3rd was @seikus.

I watched the Heads Up for a while, wow, these things have a very playable structure, both players had close to 400,000 chips (792,000 chips in play) & blinds were a paltry 3,000-6,000.

It went on for a bit, & I'm embarrassed to say I preferred to watch Ian Poulter's remarkable win in the Houston Open (well hello Masters), but after what seemed an eternity, @Kerrnal finished runner-up with the win going to @SAMCRO_TM.

It was easily the best performance on Sky Poker by SAMCRO, though it's maybe worth mentioning that he's only been here a week & played just 34 MTT's. Nice start that.
    Four other players finished behind me. Who were they?
    I gather they were all disconnected.