You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No Notes/Reads What should I be doing here with AQHH

K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
edited December 2021 in Strategy
AQHH what should i be doing here? Im sat about 50/76 I think in the £10Kbh Main event tonight.

I am in Small blind with 14600 chips so i have around 24 BB. ACD are regs.

Should I be limping with them? or is AQHH too strong to do that? is shoving too risky for my tournament life. Is raising going to be enough to get a fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
K0BAYASHlSmall blind300.00300.0014307.74
ABig blind600.00900.0025150.00
Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A
BCall600.001500.0013868.89
CCall600.002100.0037388.24
DCall600.002700.009135.00
ECall600.003300.0023881.25
K0BAYASHl

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Fist pump shoving with all the dead money out there and a very nice hand. Depending on how much player B is limping I would be jamming much wider than AQs here. Very unlikely players C,D or E find a call after overlimping.
  • Options
    Thanks groggy, that was my idea also. If I shove i can get all the dead money and if i do get called then i cant be in that much bad shape.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,034
    I like raising to about 3.6k, and pot-sized bet on any flop-feel may get a caller with AJ/A10 that way
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I like raising to about 3.6k, and pot-sized bet on any flop-feel may get a caller with AJ/A10 that way

You not worried about BCE may come along?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,034
    The only "better" hands are AA, KK, QQ and AK-they are all calling a shove.
    Shoving causes low pairs to fold-but they should not be calling a 6x raise. Shoving is fine, but I think a raise will get more chips over the long term
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I did shove in the end and A called with TT and UTG limper called with KK, I picked up flush draw on the turn but bricked river. After I wasn’t sure if I was being to aggressive or wether it was the right shove but just unlucky.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    Essexphil said:

pot bet any flop is just stupid....you can get the same answer for much less.

I much prefer the small ball approach in tournaments though and would normally agree with just making a big iso and then willing to play some poker against a call. However, in this case after 4 limpers I'm more than happy to just win what's in the middle now and jam.

Might even get a call from AJ/AT/KQ hands as they're often typically in limping ranges of weaker (but not terrible) players.