You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Has anyone else noticed improved stability with the download client recently?

DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,746
I've always used the download client when playing and over the course of the last year (since I started on Sky), I would regularly find a 'Network Error' message popping up which would be a precursor to me losing sound and then have the whole thing freeze up (even though my internet connection had been fine throughout), requiring a restart. I'd got used to it frankly and it had kind of become my cue to take a short break every couple of hours. However, it was only really an issue if multi-tabling.

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen a huge improvement with this very rarely happening, if at all. The only thing that has changed at my end is that I've been using the mini view instead of the full table view. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed any improvement on this front or whether by switching to mini view I'd found the magic cure to the network error/freezing issue?

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Sadly not
    Get kicked out of all tables at least twice a night multitabling. Always fun when you’re on the bubble of numerous dyms
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    No, is rare to have a session and software not crash and I use mini view (insert comical Bates is small gag of your choice).
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,746
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Sounds like I've just been experiencing some software rungood then. It'd be happy days if I could get some of that on the tables too!
  • PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sounds like I've just been experiencing some software rungood then. It'd be happy days if I could get some of that on the tables too!

Let's hope it continues.
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Last week I had one table playing fine and another table buffering how does that happen lol.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    MattBates said:

No, is rare to have a session and software not crash and I use mini view (insert comical Bates is small gag of your choice).

Hmmm ok then.... You can always trust @MattBates to give short shrift to points he disagrees with on the forum.
  • TsaaaarTsaaaar Member Posts: 368
    The client crashes are a joke and the time it takes for them to reload doesn't help
  • TsaaaarTsaaaar Member Posts: 368
    P.s. I'm going to start closing the client and restart it on every break to see if that helps
    Lol - I spoke too soon.

3 crashes in the first 15 minutes of 2-tabling tonight! I might have to de-reg everything at this rate :/
    Make that 4 times now!

Anyone else having more trouble than normal tonight? It was all fine earlier this afternoon.
  • ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 60
    Its been like this for me all week - 5/6 crashes a day. Someone told me if you restart the client when you can it makes it easier, so i restarted at 4pm in anticipation of it not breaking down during happy hours, but it crashed at 6.30.

It wouldn't be so annoying, but even when I exit software immediately and load it straight up somehow I always end up getting kicked off several tables even though it only takes a minute or two to load up again.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    I'm surprised that so many have this problem. I usually have 3 or 4 tables (max of 7) on the go during the evenings & I've never had this problem. I use the download client on a fairly standard laptop. I don't think I'd be able to put up with the site crashing 2/3/4 times a night!!
    ITSQUADSY said:

Its been like this for me all week - 5/6 crashes a day. Someone told me if you restart the client when you can it makes it easier, so i restarted at 4pm in anticipation of it not breaking down during happy hours, but it crashed at 6.30.

It wouldn't be so annoying, but even when I exit software immediately and load it straight up somehow I always end up getting kicked off several tables even though it only takes a minute or two to load up again.

That's about standard I find.

It's now gone into overdrive for me tonight though and is crashing with 2-3 mins of the client being open. Have tried re-starting everything, including the computer, but still the same. I can't stand playing through the browser so that might be me done for the night.

GG Sky!

• cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 320
    The software freezes/ crashes every 2 1/2 or 3 hours for me.
    It's extremely frustrating and a bit ridiculous that it's ignored to a large extent.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that every other site I play on has regular software updates that you have to download.
    Sky software updates are about as common as a jac35 mtt win.
  • DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    I must get booted 10 times a day. Annoying but not the end of the world. This weather :)
  • yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    I find it's better than it was three years ago. I used to get the network error box popping up all the time, the games would keep running and the box wouldn't close. I lost sound last week but suspect that it was a conflict between download client and another a multimedia program I was running at the same time. I've also had the error box pop up probably twice a day but immediately check my router and it seems to be a network error at my end. This said, the people that seem to be experiencing it worse, are the people that play the most tables. That's not a slant on them, I suspect that they could play more tables on other platforms without errors (not that I'm advocating that) but since it's inception, Sky Poker has always appeared 'clunky', but like I said, I feel that it's definitely improving.