You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I think some people are cheating

bettingbenbettingben Member Posts: 39
edited April 2018 in Community Help & Advice
Hi Guys

I was playing this evening and noticed 2 players with nearly the same name playing from the same location. The way they played seemed very suspicious and i think it was the same person.
Table was Banff some time after 11:30pm i noticed.
Players were; xxxxxx & xxxxxx both playing from Coatbridge.
They were playing alot of hands together betting people out of pots when heads up folding to no bets (looks like they were sharing chips between them?) so i think they were trying to cheat the players and the micro madness promotion.

I did take a picture so will try and upload it, but not sure how just now. Just wanted to make some people aware.... If this is in the wrong place can a mod please move it?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,772

Hi Guys

I was playing this evening and noticed 2 players with nearly the same name playing from the same location. The way they played seemed very suspicious and i think it was the same person.
    Table was Banff some time after 11:30pm i noticed.
    Players were; [username removed] & [username removed] both playing from Coatbridge.
    They were playing alot of hands together betting people out of pots when heads up folding to no bets (looks like they were sharing chips between them?) so i think they were trying to cheat the players and the micro madness promotion.

I did take a picture so will try and upload it, but not sure how just now. Just wanted to make some people aware.... If this is in the wrong place can a mod please move it?

Morning @bettingben, how are you?

Welcome to our Forum, hope you'll stick around.

I'll pass your comments up to the Security guys, & they will have a look at it, &, if appropriate, take action.

As a general rule, if you see something suspicious, always let Sky Poker know, either by dropping an e-Mail to Customer Care or posting it on the Forum.

However, if the latter, please do not include the players aliases, as very often, people who are completely innocent get their names smeared without the ability to defend themselves. That's not right - you would not like it, neither would I. Nobody is guilty until it is proven.

2 players on the same table, with near identical names & both from Coatbridge, does LOOK suspicious, I agree, but until proven, it's just circumstantial. We could equally assume they are both Scottish (for those who failed Geography O Levels, which includes me, obv ) Coatbridge is just east of Glasgow, which is a small town on the west side of Scotland inhabited by Norwegian speaking people. But we don't KNOW they are both Scots, do we? We just assume.

You suggest they are trying to "cheat" (your word, not mine) the Micro Madness promotion.

Well here's the Micro Madness Promotion page, which includes the 2 current Leaderboards;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/micro-madness-las-vegas

Note that neither of the 2 aliases you mention are not on there. (Yet?).

And here's the Leaderboard for Micro Madness last week - again, neither aliases appear on either list.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/173477/micro-madness-week-3-final-leaderboard-2-more-spt-las-vegas-package-winners

I'm not trying to be spikey or awkward with you - just making the point that with other people's reputations, we need to be guarded in what we say on an open Forum. So ALWAYS report such suspicions, & feel free to name names if you send an e-mail or speak to Customer Care. If you prefer to report it via the Forum, that's fine, but no aliases please.

Have a good day Ben.
  • Options
    Hi tikay,

Thanks for you comments. I understand not posting user names so will try and edit my post to remove this. The way they played was very suspicious and it was when mentioned to the other players that was there guess (i also checked the leader board and disnt see either of these on there) some of these people are currently sitting fairly high in the leader board so thought it would be usefull to post their thought... i do understand the need to not out some who isnt cheating however, this was very very obvious. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me with such a detailed reply :)
  • Options
    Cant figure out to change my post, can someone give me instructions or a mod do it please?
  • Options

Cant figure out to change my post, can someone give me instructions or a mod do it please?

Thanks @bettingben, & I've edited it now, thank you for being so gracious.

Why the alias - do you like a bet? Football, horses, or something else?
  • Options
    Sky_MatSky_Mat Member Posts: 30
    I've just edited your comment quickly @Tikay10, the quote of original post in your comment also contained the usernames in question ;)
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    I got an automatic reply from support saying there is alot of questions coming in at the moment and they will respond within 72hrs, due to the fairly serious nature of my claim are you able to get someone to look at this sooner?
    With regards to the name, ill bet anything! Haha, but specifally with this
  • Options

Thanks @bettingben, & I've edited it now, thank you for being so gracious.

Why the alias - do you like a bet? Football, horses, or something else?
    Sky_Mat said:

I've just edited your comment quickly @Tikay10, the quote of original post in your comment also contained the usernames in question ;)

Oops, good @Sky_Mat , thank you.

Must pay more attention.....
  • Options

Thanks guys.
    I got an automatic reply from support saying there is alot of questions coming in at the moment and they will respond within 72hrs, due to the fairly serious nature of my claim are you able to get someone to look at this sooner?
    With regards to the name, ill bet anything! Haha, but specifally with this

Yup, we've by-passed that & I've sent it straight to the security guys this morning. They will deal with it today.

• Options
    Thanks! If they need any more info from me please let them know i dont mind them contacting me.
  • Options

Thanks! If they need any more info from me please let them know i dont mind them contacting me.

Morning @bettingben

The 2 screen-names you reported (now deleted from thread) do not exist & never have.

After some investigation, their actual screen-names have been identified.

The matter has been dealt with & is now closed.

• Options
    Thanks tikay! Sorry if i mistyped the user names.... are you able to confirm what the outcome was? Was i right or was i just being paranoid?
  • Options

Hi @bettingben

All I can say is the matter has been dealt with, & as such, it won't ever happen again.
  • Options
    Ill make my own assumption based in that comment then :) thanks for being so helpful!