You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What have I learnt today?

xfgwdtboswxfgwdtbosw Member Posts: 45
There’s always something to learn at poker. What is it today? Don’t be complacent!
I’ve been playing cash games and had a great run for over a week and suddenly I think I’m invincible.
I’ve just thrown away money on 3 hands which wouldn't have happened if I hadn’t been on such a good run. It was nothing serious, less than a buy in, but it’s very easy to loose it and I’m kicking myself now.
Note to myself - don’t carried away when your winning!

Comments

• Options
    mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    it's called positive tilt
  • Options
    xfgwdtboswxfgwdtbosw Member Posts: 45
    Thanks mcglynn07. In that case I guess its better to have positive tilt, rather than the nastier, negative variety.
    The problem I have is that as soon as I appear to have resolved a poker problem, another one reads its ugly head. It’s never ending!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Thanks mcglynn07. In that case I guess its better to have positive tilt, rather than the nastier, negative variety.
    The problem I have is that as soon as I appear to have resolved a poker problem, another one reads its ugly head. It’s never ending!

@xfgwdtbosw

It's rather like tinkering with a golf swing.

We adjust our grip, address, foot position or whatever to solve one problem, & end up solving that but creating three different problems.

That's not confined to us hackers though, the pros suffer from it too, exactly as they do in poker.
  • Options
    mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    emotions are the frustration that you feel at the table but it is alos what brings us back to the table each time decisions are best to focus on rather than the luck or results that come your way we are not destined to win always as others would not play if it were one sided. luck good or bad should not be described as nasty or negative if you toss a coin the result the decision is factual rather than describing it in a way that describes how you feel about it