You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HUSNG rake

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I was planning on playing some heads up hyper turbos on sky but after seeing the rake i don't see the games running often enough in order to start playing. Any chance we can get the rake lowered to 1.88% like pokerstars or will it just stay at the 5% that it's currently at?

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

Hi @LOLMTTS

First up, as you may have heard, SB&G, who own & run Sky Poker, are currently the subject of a takeover from TSG, aka The Stars Group, aka PokerStars. The takeover is not complete yet, but it is likely that it will complete within the next few months.

It has not yet been decided how the takeover will affect Sky Poker, though there are some reasonably good guesses how it might work of course.

I would currently incline to the view that Sky Poker won't be adjusting any rake or Reg Fee percentages until after the takeover is concluded. Timeframe for any potential changes is also unknown, though if I had to bet on it, I'd go for something in the 18 to 24 month range. It could, of course, be much sooner, perhaps even this calendar year. Or much longer, it is genuinely not known yet.

More follows.....

edited May 2018
    Liquidity at the £110 & £200 HU SNG Level is pretty thin here compared to Pokerstars, of course, & that won't change much in the short-term.

It does exist sporadically, however, in fact one chap has played well over 100 HU SNG's at the £200 level in the last few days alone, & I think we can reasonably assume he had an opponent for each game. ;)

So keep an eye on the lobby, as the big games do run from time to time.

Any other questions, fire away.

PS - What made you want to return, even if briefly, to Sky Poker?

I think it's possibly wrong to just compare rake % though, there are many other factors to consider.

Are the games 3.5% easier here? Many would think so.

Third party software is not currently permitted here either, so you play on a level playing field, & folks don't "own" lobbies or organise lobby cartels.

There's a Forum, too, where you get your questions replied to honestly & quickly.

It all goes into the value equation, imo.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited May 2018
    I've long been an advocate of decreasing rake in certain formats on here at the higher SNG stakes. Have made the same point to Prio Customer Care in the past in 2014/2015.

Obv this thread is about HUSNG so I don't want to derail too much with other formats but as the same principles apply: £33+ DYMs on here run infrequently outside of rake races and double points promos. 6 regs playing each other is never going to be that lucrative for anyone, but the likes of @TimmyRaRa @Nutter5932 @Jac35 @TommyD (+ others I've probs missed) would probs be more likely to play these games if rake were dropped to something that reflects the more reggy nature of these games (I've suggested trialing £50+£3 or £50+£4 before on the basis that the extra games running would compensate for a lower rake %, esp given most regs in those games you're giving 40% back in weekly and monthly RB anyway)

I don't play much above £22 when grinding regularly but I would defo consider a £30+£2 or £30+£2.50 DYM much more than a £30+£3 one. With 10% rake there's no point in 6 regs battling each other. With 6-7% rake it's much more realistic to expect to win before rakeback.

Higher stakes SNGs consist of far more competent regulars where edges are smaller, and far less recs who are just flicking in a £33+ SNG for the lols. 10% rake doesn't allow for any of the regs to believe they have enough of an edge to win before RB to be worth playing each other, and there's not enough recs at these stakes just punting £33s for the games to run regularly at 10% rake without promo incentive.

The same thing applies to higher stakes HUSNG - Lower rake at higher stakes will encourage more reg v reg action where they both believe they're significantly better than the other person to overcome 2-3% rake, but 5% is a much tougher ask.
  • LOLMTTSLOLMTTS Member Posts: 7
    Tikay10 said:

I think it's possibly wrong to just compare rake % though, there are many other factors to consider.

Are the games 3.5% easier here? Many would think so.

Third party software is not currently permitted here either, so you play on a level playing field, & folks don't "own" lobbies or organise lobby cartels.

There's a Forum, too, where you get your questions replied to honestly & quickly.

It all goes into the value equation, imo.

i think if it were cut a little bit it'd give many people more incentive to play. husng volume on sites with lower rake pop off way more often than they do on higher raked sites like tigergaming, sky svenskaspel etc