You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

network error

Comments

• Options
    xDonknGoxxDonknGox Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, they don't work. I've had it load on an old Windows 8 tablet which is why I thought it may be a Windows 7 fault.

One day I tried to load it up on my PC and got those messages and I've never had it loaded on the PC since. After a Google, I noticed other people had the same problem so I thought they may find a fix. Then I saw Stars took over and just left it as I thought they may be either revamping the software or integrating it into Stars itself. It looks like they're in no hurry to do that at the moment.

There must be someone at Sky Poker with access to a Windows 7 PC to test?
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    There's going to be tons of Win 7 users who use Sky fine, I'd reckon, so it would be difficult to isolate that as the problem.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,387
    edited July 2019
    @xDonknGox , what is your exact internet setup?

as in, Laptop / router , how are thing connected?
  • Options
    I have Sky Broadband with their router. I've tested it on a fresh formatted Windows 7 with nothing else installed and firewall off. It also does it on a windows 7 laptop but worked on a windows 8 tablet.

If you google Sky Poker Network Error you'll see other users having the same issue and they have Windows 7.

Or maybe it's something to do with Adobe Air. some were getting the 504 error when just trying to install Sky Poker. I can install it no problem, it's just the launching of it that errors.
  • Options
    Ok.
    Are you wirlessly connecting to your Windows 7 or ethernet cable?
  • Options
    wi-fi

It used to work great. I can't remember if there was a software update at the time, but ever since the end of last year it hasn't worked. I've occasionally tried it every few months to see if it had been fixed.

I play on other poker sites fine. I can't think of any other software that I have problems with. I'm surprised this hasn't been investigated more, there's potentially customers downloading Sky Poker and having the same problems.
  • Options
    Ye it's definitely something to do with how your operating system is communicating with Sky's server. You can dl the client, so you can connect to that part of the server, but you cannot connect to the login server.

That's the problem that needs fixing. Could it be http codes?

You could try running the software in xp or vista compatibility mode. Long shot I know.

You've obviously tried uninstalling the client and the Sky folder, and then reinstalling, ye?

Other than that you can get cheap win 10 keys on Amazon and they work. I always use them. They are like a tenner. You will need to dl the win installation digitally and whack it on a usb stick. Or is your pc just too ****?

• Options
    xDonknGox said:

wi-fi

It used to work great. I can't remember if there was a software update at the time, but ever since the end of last year it hasn't worked. I've occasionally tried it every few months to see if it had been fixed.

I play on other poker sites fine. I can't think of any other software that I have problems with. I'm surprised this hasn't been investigated more, there's potentially customers downloading Sky Poker and having the same problems.

Ok.

Can you Check your wireless adaptor?

See if it's working properly.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527

Ye it's definitely something to do with how your operating system is communicating with Sky's server. You can dl the client, so you can connect to that part of the server, but you cannot connect to the login server.

That's the problem that needs fixing. Could it be http codes?

You could try running the software in xp or vista compatibility mode. Long shot I know.

You've obviously tried uninstalling the client and the Sky folder, and then reinstalling, ye?

Other than that you can get cheap win 10 keys on Amazon and they work. I always use them. They are like a tenner. You will need to dl the win installation digitally and whack it on a usb stick. Or is your pc just too ****?

Windows 7 will still upgrade to 10 for free(till 14th Jan 2020).
    Just install the appropriate version of 10(home for home & pro for pro) ticking the box for I don't have a product key & once installed connect to the internet enter your windows 7 product key(should be on bottom of laptop side/back of pc) & should activate fine.As I've never had a problem.
  • Options
    I have two wireless adapters and I've tried on a Win7 laptop. I've also tried the compatibility mode.

I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 because I occasionally play FSX and it doesn't work on it.

I'm convinced the error is not at my end. I have a feeling Adobe Air updated and broke something.

Thanks for your help anyway. I'll just wait to see if a Sky Poker tech can maybe look into it. Who knows, Stars may send everyone over to their client eventually.
  • Options
    If Adobe Air were the culprit you can try uninstall and reinstall that as well. I'm not too sure how much Air involves itself with network connections anyhow so I would be surprised if that were it.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited July 2019
    On this problem I used to get this on a windows 7 pc & when I uninstalled the down load client it would leave a folder in program files(x86) if I remember correctly that might contain bad info as when I deleted it & redownloaded the client it would work after that.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,067
    I have Windows 7. Used to be able to play on sky on the download, then it stopped working. No such problems on other sites (except Unibet).

I believe this is true for several players. The reason is simple-Sky's system is provided by a Sinclair Spectrum (if not a ZX81 plus a hamster). And let's be honest, they are not going to invest in the current system, for all its 1980s charm.

Fortunately, I can still get the Browser to work.
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited July 2019
    I dont even bother with it as its always half the speed on my mac and browser seems much smoother although i do get disconnected from time to time and you dont realise it when in a hand as the countdown timer continues so you think your opponent is just thinking until its too late and you nutz hand is folded.
  • Options
    sumner0754sumner0754 Member Posts: 86
    I've been getting the " network error" message for the last 2 weeks whilst playing. It's now getting worse as some tables load up with just a white screen, and a couple of times when I've clicked "try again" on the network error message, it's shut the client down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    A little update:

I've tried Sky Poker now on Windows 10, it does work but it errors when installing. It says something about a corrupt file. You have to turn your clock back to 2018 and then it installs ok.

So the client doesn't work on Windows 7 and the installer only installs when you turn your clock back. Why is no one looking into this? It has to be affecting traffic.

Also, the network error you get on Windows 7 when you launch the client, you can see it in the screenshots that I posted earlier, is exactly the same error you get if you disconnect from the internet. So there is no connection at all.

Are there any Sky Poker staff who post on these forums?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited July 2019
    xDonknGox said:

A little update:

I've tried Sky Poker now on Windows 10, it does work but it errors when installing. It says something about a corrupt file. You have to turn your clock back to 2018 and then it installs ok.

So the client doesn't work on Windows 7 and the installer only installs when you turn your clock back. Why is no one looking into this? It has to be affecting traffic.

Also, the network error you get on Windows 7 when you launch the client, you can see it in the screenshots that I posted earlier, is exactly the same error you get if you disconnect from the internet. So there is no connection at all.

Hi @xDonknGox

Yes. Both Sky_SamT & Sky__James post on this Forum when appropriate. Sam has 961 Posts on here, James has 384.

For the most part, on the Forum, I act as a bridge between the Forum & the office & pass up stuff to them if I can't handle it, as I already have with this pesky Network Error thing. I keep an eye on the Forum for problems from 6am to midnight, 7 days per week, so if anything urgent crops up, & I can't handle it, I pass it straight up. We have an instant communication tool - similar to Skype, but a Corporate version - so we can discuss stuff instantly & in real-time when needed.

Why is no one looking into this? It has to be affecting traffic.

They are fully aware of this, & I would hazard a guess that they know it does affect traffic to a small degree. The Browser is still available though, so players do have a viable alternative.

If or when it will be fixed is a difficult question, bearing in mind the future of the existing platform is currently under discussion following the takeover by PokerStars last year. I would imagine it will be resolved quite soon, though whether it's done so in a way everyone approves of remains to be seen.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924

Update.

The Office have confirmed that they have passed this issue across to the IT Tech Team.

If & when I hear further, I will Update you.
  • Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    Thanks again Tikay, ive had the problem 14 months too but zero tech support.

''I believe this is true for several players. The reason is simple-Sky's system is provided by a Sinclair Spectrum (if not a ZX81 plus a hamster). And let's be honest, they are not going to invest in the current system, for all its 1980s charm.''

good 1 essexphil
  • Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    xDonknGox said:

A little update:

no