You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

the amazzzzzing river cards of skypoker

why has sky poker so many poor reviews on all sites. they all say the same always the river. can u tell us mr tikay who checks the fairness of the cards dealt on the flop and river.lastly after all these tears why have you have such a poor customer base when i checked the other day you had 188 people playing .

Comments

• Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    why play here after reading the reviews regards the river card?

nobody checks the cards , and how can you possibly check the cards to be fair to every player? then nobody would win a hand.

lets not have a river and only 4 community cards from now on? then you would blame the turn :(
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727
    edited May 2018
    There are hundreds - hundreds - of Online poker sites.

They are ALL free to join, & they all give new players a little bonus for joining. Sky Poker give a £10 Tourney Token, others do the same sort of thing.

And yet @amnotere26 has played nearly 500 games here, including a couple this evening.

So I reckon he plays here because it's his - or her? - fave site. What other reason can there be?

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,038

why has sky poker so many poor reviews on all sites. they all say the same always the river. can u tell us mr tikay who checks the fairness of the cards dealt on the flop and river.lastly after all these tears why have you have such a poor customer base when i checked the other day you had 188 people playing .

Yup, they do. For every single site. Comes back to the "it's not me that's rubbish, so must be the site" mentality of most of the posters. And 188 playing? When was that, 6 am?

PS-is this **** off Tikay week? I bet he must be really loving his job at the mo....
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    TK does seem to be getting it in the neck at the moment lol …. Whether or not the RNG represents true odds is neither here nor there as we all use the same RNG. I can tell you now that whilst I have had my knees smashed on the River plenty of times I have also taken down a lot of pots against players who were either trying to draw against the odds in a non-profitable hand or I hit my straight/flush draw against their made hand when I was calling to the correct odds.

I think it goes in roundabouts. I've played on 888 Poker and had exactly the same experience on their 9-handed tables win some/lose some.

I've been losing a lot recently but only when I've been "testing" players to see if they actually had me beaten (tip - don't do that as often as I do because it kills your bankroll!).

If you play in the morning or during the night then the player base may get that low but I've never seen it that low during the day or evening periods.
  • Options
    brooniesbroonies Member Posts: 7

been happening to me for the last week or so every time especially when your in the chips and think your doing good to go on to win then it all starts again this is crazy
  • Options
    broonies said:

been happening to me for the last week or so every time especially when your in the chips and think your doing good to go on to win then it all starts again this is crazy
    Hi @broonies

Here you go;

Sky Poker is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission (licence number 038718) in respect of customers located in the United Kingdom and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (licence number: 04C1C2) in respect of customers located outside of the United Kingdom.

One of the conditions for acquiring and maintaining a valid gambling licence with the UKGC and AGCC, requires Sky Poker to undergo an annual audit.

Sky Poker's RNG has been certified by the 3rd party company Technical Systems Testing (TST), who are global experts in the analysis of RNG's used for online gaming purposes

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited May 2018
    Tikay10 said:

broonies said:

Hi @broonies

Here you go;

Sky Poker is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission (licence number 038718) in respect of customers located in the United Kingdom and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (licence number: 04C1C2) in respect of customers located outside of the United Kingdom.

One of the conditions for acquiring and maintaining a valid gambling licence with the UKGC and AGCC, requires Sky Poker to undergo an annual audit.

Sky Poker's RNG has been certified by the 3rd party company Technical Systems Testing (TST), who are global experts in the analysis of RNG's used for online gaming purposes

You're up late TiKay...... hope you're running deep somewhere ;):)

Seriously though, I do hope all this stupid RNG conspiracy stuff isn't bothering you too much, because it's the last thing you need to be dealing with. Hopefully people will realise that SKYPOKER has to be totally above board in everything it does.
    As we see from any live tourneys (UKPC, SPT, WSOP etc.)...... CRAZY river cards appear all the time..... it's not just on SKYPOKER.

Enjoy VEGAS ........I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your time out there without worrying too much about what's going on back here in 'Blighty'......
    after all
    ..... STARS are coming :(
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

broonies said:

Hi @broonies

Here you go;

You're up late TiKay...... hope you're running deep somewhere ;):)

Seriously though, I do hope all this stupid RNG conspiracy stuff isn't bothering you too much, because it's the last thing you need to be dealing with. Hopefully people will realise that SKYPOKER has to be totally above board in everything it does.
    As we see from any live tourneys (UKPC, SPT, WSOP etc.)...... CRAZY river cards appear all the time..... it's not just on SKYPOKER.

Enjoy VEGAS ........I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your time out there without worrying too much about what's going on back here in 'Blighty'......
    after all
    ..... STARS are coming :(
    Ha, thank you @MISTY4ME.

No, it does not bother me one iota, though I do wish I could explain to the sceptics better how poker works. It's just maths. If we play for, say, 4 hours per night, we are always gonna take a few beats (every single one of us does), & we are also going to inflict a few beats on others. They forget that part. If we have Aces 20 times per week, we are likely to lose to a lower pair 4 times per week. On average. Because the maths says so.

And of course there is zero benefit to the Operator - Sky Poker in this case - whether player A or Player B wins. The House gets it's rake, or reg fee, either way.

Folks don't seem to grasp what an RNG is, either. It's not like a set of tappets on our car, or a timing chain, it does not need constant fettling or adjustment. Once it has been certified, that's it, for life. It has to be audited annually to the satisfaction of the Gaming Commission, & it is. Amazing how often it has been questioned, here & elsewhere. And yet, in the history of Online poker - going on 20 years now, & many billions of hands played - not one Online Poker Site has ever been found to have a RNG which is not fit for purpose. All those billions of pieces of evidence, & not one of them has ever been found to be anything other than perfect.

Up late? Was getting ready to head off to Vegas. I'll be on one of these later this morning, I'm so excited.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    "sceptics"? Very diplomatic :D

Enjoy Vegas @Tikay10
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,201
    I think that many players don't seem to understand what a bad beat is and that's why they berate the RNG or the site or the admin etc. amnotere26 and broonies, perhaps if you posted specific examples then at least the better players on Sky could explain why your top two got outdrawn by the nut fl open ender. Or why the pr of 6 was still in the hand on the river to spike his set and destroy your Aces, and they will. This SITE is great for players helping you to develop and improve your game and your understanding of poker.

Yes sometimes runner runner cards completely obliterate our holdings but, and here's a secret we want these players getting it in way behind and drawing to 4%.

Yours in poker
  • Options
    brooniesbroonies Member Posts: 7
    Tikay10 said:

broonies said:

Hi @broonies

Here you go;

there you go again every game up to now high pair from flop k someone chasing 6 flush and again get it i have tried to take my money out off here but having problems getting them out just had it to many times
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    broonies said:

there you go again every game up to now high pair from flop k someone chasing 6 flush and again get it i have tried to take my money out off here but having problems getting them out just had it to many times

Does 'it' only affect other people, or could you not employ the same strategy to take advantage and win lots?