You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** ADHOC "BLUE MOON" JACKPOT ATTEMPTS **

Hi guys.

Probably too late to set this up for tomorrow. (£72K ROLLOVER)

However I was thinking of doing "Adhoc" Jackpot attempts.

The way it would work, would be as follows.

We'd decide the evening before if we were going for it. (Very rarely, probably less than one a month)

If it was a GO, then whoever was in the syndicate would make a "one off" payment to the Jackpot Syndicate Account. (Amount of your choice, multiples of £10 units)

Only monies received at least two hours before the off of the first race and confirmed on the appropriate thread will be valid.

If you are interested in doing this, please register your interest here, with approx amount.

Only people who pre register their interest here, will be allowed to participate, however it will be optional each time for them to participate.

Funds left over and/or winnings will be distributed back and/or used for another attempt, based upon agreement from the people involved.

Please post here if you are interested in principle.

Cheers,

Graham.

Comments

• zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    Hi G, would be interested, amount could vary depending on JACKPOT size, say £20/40

Regards R
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,517
    Defo would be interested. Was thinking of the same lines today when I saw it rollover.

5 units for me.

• mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    I'll be in for £20
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,299
    I would be in for £20
    Hopefully wont go tomoz and we can have ago Monday although I do know Scoop 6 Superclub going for it Monday if a rollover.
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,518
    In for £20.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited June 2018
    vaigret said:

Hopefully wont go tomoz and we can have ago Monday although I do know Scoop 6 Superclub going for it Monday if a rollover.

TBH, I prefer a "medium (15K ish) rollover with a "doable" card than a big roll over and a tough card. Mainly because, as you say, the smaller roll overs don't attract the big perm syndicates, so much.

I'd rather a rollover of say £15K, with and estimated £5K more going in on a "doable card" than have an £80K rollover with another £100K going in on a tough card.

Much more likely to be the only winners if we get it.

If that makes sense?

So rather than "JUST" big rollovers, we want to look for "MEDIUM" rollovers if the card is "doable." Of course if it was a BIG rollover AND a "doable" card, then it'd still be worth a shot imo.

Defining "doable" is not quite so easy, but, as a guideline, in my mind, I look for, at least two races where the favourites are 2/1 or less, and no more than 1 race where it's 5/1+ the field.

If there is no "odds-on" shot, then I probably would look for at least 3 races where the favourite was 2/1 or less.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Out of interest, do we know where it is tomorrow?
  • thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 397
    Sounds good Graham. £40 for me.
    Donald
    edited June 2018
    BTW, it's WORCESTER tomorrow and the card would have been too tough anyway.

I still expect it to be won, just due to the shear volume of people/perms that will go for it.

This would have been an example of a BIG ROLLOVER where I wouldn't recommend we went for it anyway.

If it does roll over (unlikely), then worth a look at again tomorrow evening.
    Provisional idea of how it will work below: (Please acknowledge that you are happy with the "rules", further suggestions/alterations will be considered.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/173749/blue-moon-jackpot-club/p1?new=1

Please either "sign up" here or on thread above.
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,518
    Happy with rules.
  • mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    happy with rules
  • zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    Happy with rules
    StayOrGo said:

vaigret said:

TBH, I prefer a "medium (15K ish) rollover with a "doable" card than a big roll over and a tough card. Mainly because, as you say, the smaller roll overs don't attract the big perm syndicates, so much.

I'd rather a rollover of say £15K, with and estimated £5K more going in on a "doable card" than have an £80K rollover with another £100K going in on a tough card.

Much more likely to be the only winners if we get it.

If that makes sense?

So rather than "JUST" big rollovers, we want to look for "MEDIUM" rollovers if the card is "doable." Of course if it was a BIG rollover AND a "doable" card, then it'd still be worth a shot imo.

Defining "doable" is not quite so easy, but, as a guideline, in my mind, I look for, at least two races where the favourites are 2/1 or less, and no more than 1 race where it's 5/1+ the field.

If there is no "odds-on" shot, then I probably would look for at least 3 races where the favourite was 2/1 or less.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Out of interest, do we know where it is tomorrow?
    dont mind when we go for it , whenever you think we have a chance ok with me , be that medium or big. There are also some days when I think there is no chance of wiining it because of the quality of racing and that should be looked at as well. I might do some stats on certain racedays because I often think there are too many big odds winners on Mondays for example for our perms to win . Having said that we probably won a couple on Mondays LOL
    Hi V. Yes I take your point. Monday's are typically good from a perspective of the cards not being too competitive combined with a potential roll over from the weekend, but as you say, some racing is particularly prone to throwing up a "Jackpot Busting" outsider, so I agree, this should be considered. As the name "Blue Moon" suggests, we should only do it if we feel all the factors point towards a "live chance". So we will be a lot more "picky" than before, at least to start with.
    StayOrGo said:

Hi V. Yes I take your point. Monday's are typically good from a perspective of the cards not being too competitive combined with a potential roll over from the weekend, but as you say, some racing is particularly prone to throwing up a "Jackpot Busting" outsider, so I agree, this should be considered. As the name "Blue Moon" suggests, we should only do it if we feel all the factors point towards a "live chance". So we will be a lot more "picky" than before, at least to start with.

Hi G

Just been checking and over March to end of May Jackpot was won on all sorts of days so can be done anytime, we just need a bit of luck. As for our successful days I wonder if you or dollie know the days of the week we won it on. Means nothing I know but if a lucky day for us emerged it might bring positive vybes LOL.

Looking forward to it

V
  • the_bucklethe_buckle Member Posts: 52
    Hi all, sounds good and would like to be in for £20
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    In for £20.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Rules are fine.
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,027
    Any chance I can join Graham, please?