You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What equity should I be looking to proceed with (Live cash)

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
Hi guys.

So here's my problem Its a full ring £1 / £1 cash game with effective stacks at £200 and theres been a straddle to £2 and a re-straddle to £4. At this point somewhere between mp and the hijack usually makes it £11.

Its at this point that Im unsure as to what my continuation range should be. I know from observation that the straddlers tend to obsessively defend with almost any two and therefor the £11 bet isn't necessarily that strong. However the solvers don't seem able to differentiate between a straddle and a min raise / min re-raise and so apportions the £11 bettor with a 4 bet range as its calculated the straddles to be a raise and a 3 bet.

Assuming that theres no more action I am at the moment flatting with about 30% of my range and raising with premium holdings.

Advice as always would be greatly appreciated

Yours in poker

Mark

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    1st thought would be, don’t make it £11
    Live cash plays very differently to online. If I’m entering a double straddled pot I’d be going at least £15
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    Me too but as it seems £11 is their default setting for entering a double straddled pot so Im potting it with AA KK QQ and flatting with all other pairs + AK and suited connectors to 89. Is this about right or am I too narrow, too loose or too obvious.

Yours in poker

Mark
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Well, I would wait for good players to come along like hhy to give their thoughts. But in their temporary absence i’ll have a quick go.
    I think you said before that there are a lot of regs in your games?
    If that is the case then then you’re playing totally face up.
    I would want to throw in a few of the suited connecting hands etc to mix up your 3bet range.
    Also, you mention that you’d be flatting AK?
    I think that’s ok sometimes if we think we’ll get to the flop heads up. But it seems unlikely to me given the price and the fact that live players don’t like folding. I really don’t want to be getting to the flop 5 way with zero idea of opponents ranges