You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What will the next excuse be?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,076
edited September 2018 in Poker Chat
Isn't it something the way some players find a way to blame Sky Poker?

Sky Poker (apparently)

Always favour the big stack.

Have favourite players who always win their flips.

Favour new players

Favour players who have not withdrawn. (The comedic "Cashout Curse").

Rig the RNG, though they never explain how they rig it, or who it benefits.

We do live in very peculiar times.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,922
    The sad thing is that it is impossible to improve without accepting responsibility.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544
    I still blame Richard Orford.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,621
    I remember him .... Brexit supporter. Nice to see Rip Van winkle has woken up.
  • Options
    AyleeAylee Member Posts: 8
    I find this subject very interesting, and imo is an issue which is basically a personality trait. I could be talking rubbish as am fairly new to poker, but i am trying to work on my game (yes before anyone says i know i need to) - but i think here lies the problem, some people find it very difficult to analyse themselves and any flaws they may have (in this case their play). Therefore the only other option is to attribute blame to a third party, which sits far better in a persons grey matter - if of course their personality so dictates.
    In short, i agree with Haysie ;-)
    glgl
    Haylie
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    I hold my hands up... I have on occasions felt all of the above tikay but in my defence all my sky poker friends that really no me no I'm on the beer most of the time I play but most importantly also no as I do there is no rigging going on.. no cash out curse.. no favoured players being given the draws they need in fact all the above .. I'm a losing player since 2008 and I'm okay with that as I only play with what I'm happy to lose .. I've had some brutal beats over the years but I've also inflicted some brutal beats most players only remember there bad beats and forget the ones they inflict its all swings and roundabouts I think its called variance which for some like me only playing 1 or 2 tables is not recognised as much as those who maybe play 6/7/8 plus at a time … anyway I'm rambling on now as usual im on the beer so in short if players believed sky is rigged then why do they play here .. there are many other sites they can play some I have tried but have not liked I do not want to play for 14hrs in a tourney like on stars there's only so much beer I can drink while playing .. I'm rambling again hopefully you get my drift ..SKY IS NOT RIGGED for those who think it is play elsewhere … no empty cans where crushed during this essay thou plenty were put in recycling...
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,621
    What will the next excuse be........... Cough! "Leave voters all lose." "Remain all win."
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    P.S. I except my loses as my responsibility to manage not sky .. I play for fun .. i buy in and sometimes get bored very quickly for my benefit a tourney with 5 seconds decision time would be awesome as I get frustrated when 4 example I'm BB and UTG takes the full thinking time then 1 or 2 others do the same by the time it gets to the button what's to think about you already had 1 min as I said before most people no I'm on the beer and its probably a tactic to frustrate me which is fine.. all is fair in love and war
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,685
    edited September 2018

I'd slow down on the beers mate you're gonna be wasted for kick off
  • Options
    goldon said:

What will the next excuse be........... Cough! "Leave voters all lose." "Remain all win."

Unfortunately leave voters turn us all into losers.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    edited September 2018
    HANSON will be kicking-off his 'Beer Sleep' then, to get ready for the night-time session ...... Sweet Dreams buddy ;)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    Tikay10 said:

Isn't it something the way some players find a way to blame Sky Poker?

Sky Poker (apparently)

Always favour the big stack.

Have favourite players who always win their flips.

Favour new players

Favour players who have not withdrawn. (The comedic "Cashout Curse").

Rig the RNG, though they never explain how they rig it, or who it benefits.

We do live in very peculiar times.

Not seen "Sky Poker favours intelligent people" yet.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739
    Sky pokers fault I forgot to go to Brighton
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,682
    Sky poker ate my homework
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,563
    Favour players who have not withdrawn.

That would be the "keep cash-in curse"

The "cash-out curse" is wayyy more devastating.

Inwardly I think "Yeahh "
    Reality kicks in and Sky bet says "you know you want to"
    after all they've just e-mailed me to say..
    "Tingle Creek is running today...last time
    you won enough to buy a hotel.

P.S. Exclamation marks have been deleted to avoid a fence.....
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    They don't favour anyone in particular but do put big hands together to ensure more re buys...
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,470
    AB0151 said:

They don't favour anyone in particular but do put big hands together to ensure more re buys...

And @AB0151 , who benefits from these extra re-buys?

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    I wonder is there any evidence of Sky favouring new players?
    What you reckon pompeynic? ;)
  • Options
    Aylee said:

I find this subject very interesting, and imo is an issue which is basically a personality trait. I could be talking rubbish as am fairly new to poker, but i am trying to work on my game (yes before anyone says i know i need to) - but i think here lies the problem, some people find it very difficult to analyse themselves and any flaws they may have (in this case their play). Therefore the only other option is to attribute blame to a third party, which sits far better in a persons grey matter - if of course their personality so dictates.
    In short, i agree with Haysie ;-)
    glgl
    Haylie

Doesn't happen often
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    mumsie said:

AB0151 said:

And @AB0151 , who benefits from these extra re-buys?

Ha ha - I assume that's a rhetorical question 😎
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,470
    @AB0151
    Tikay10 said:

i'm at the bottom end of the sky poker food chain, i mainly have one game a night in £5.50 bounty hunters sometimes saterlite into the £33 bounty hunter and a few turbo sngs,i try to avoid re-buys mainly because i dont trust myself, is it a money making exercise for sky or do people enjoy them? i can see the benefit of a re-buy in the first couple of rounds, but after about 5 or 6 rounds you only seem to re-buy to go all-in, in the mega bounty hunter last sunday, there a couple of players who must have re-buyed about a dozen times between them in the time just before it closed they seemed to in all-in all the time and it seems that the more you re-buy you have got go deep in the tournement to get anywhere near the money youve put in. i just wonder what the poker elite think of re-buys?

Hi @freeatlast

Well I'm not "the poker elite" so I can't comment on the real thrust of your question, but I will pick up on two of your points;

1) You are far from the "bottom of the Sky Poker food chain". Many players spend far less than you do, in fact some players ONLY play Freerolls & have never deposited. So you are a valuable customer to Sky Poker as you play every night & presumably deposit now & then.

2) Not sure how rebuys are "a money making exercise" for Sky Poker - Sky Poker don't "rake" the rebuys, they only rake the original entry. So a player can rebuy 50 times but Sky Poker don't earn a penny from those rebuys, it all goes back to the players.