You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Building site antics

stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
Following on from the other thread that nobody bothered with
Was working on a site in Chester city centre shutting when we noticed a film crew , Bobby Davro was doing some quiz program , whilst having a break we noticed Bobby having a smoke with a couple of producer's I decided to get his autograph on my hard hat.
So I walked up to him followed by about 15 work mates asked him to sign my helmet and quick as a flash he said "flop it out " which was followed by all me mates and the producer's rolling around in stitches and me standing there feeling a right tvvat..
He signed me helm..hard hat tho🤣
Anyone else got any work antics

Comments

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    Ok, i don't know why I'm bothering but it might interest one or two.
    I was working on a hotel in Chester ,The Mill hotel on an extension with me dad around 2000.
    I was fitting ironmongery on the front doors when I was introduced to a new finishing manager ,well to say, it didn't go down well .
    He wasn't even dressed in foreman attire looked more like a painter or a mastic man he was covered in the stuff scruffy git and spoke with no respect to the lads no one liked him from the off.
    Meanwhile a few weeks later me dad and me were fitting trims to the baths in the en-suites when at 9.30 we had our brew everybody else had theres at 10 so we'd be working when everyone was having there brew, so i grab a few tools walked into the room then into the en-suite as I opened the door the scruffy foreman was, how shall I say,..
    Masturbating in front of the mirror ,I apologised left him to it and left laughing me bollox off told me dad who started rolling around then we told the site mouth who in turn told the rest of the site, let's just say he wasn't there much longer...interesting job that 🤔
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    edited October 2018

That wasn't no paint or mastic he was covered in...
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    I worked with a bloke once who got kidnapped.

He was out on the beer in Kilmarnock when the kidnapping occurred.
    He texted his girlfriend to get her to deposit £1500 into his bank account, so he could pay the kidnappers, and avoid being killed.
    He warned against any contact with the police, as they were watching her.
    Nevertheless she did contact the police, who strolled down to the pub, found him to be steaming drunk, and arrested him for fraud.
    He had some previous for forging HMRC tax demands to con money out of a previous girlfriend, amongst other things.

The case against him collapsed as his girlfriend refused to give evidence twice.

The newspaper account says that the police issued a warrant against the girlfriend as a result.
    She subsequently went to jail.

So he got off scot free after trying to con £1500 out of her, and she went to jail.

ps for non believers.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/564217/hugh-storrie-kidnapped-i-was-only-kidn/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/289925/dad-denies-faking-kidnap-to-get-ransom-from-partner/
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Love these stories, more please.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    Some of the oldies amongst you may remember Jollees Night Club at Longton.
    They used to have all the big acts there, and The World Darts Championship. It was the UKs largest cabaret venue. Anyone who was anyone had appeared at Jollees.
    Well I used to work at Coral Bingo next door.
    When you entered the bingo club there were about a dozen steps leading up to the office, making it much higher than street level. The office windows were frosted to about halfway up making it impossible for passers by to see into the office.
    This made it a fairly safe environment for a leg over with a member of staff.
    Which is what I happened to be doing on this particular evening.
    About half way through, my partner in crime seemed to have a strange look on her face. I took this as an expression of ecstasy. Although I must admit I had not seen this particular look on any previous occasion.
    This spurred me on, and put a bigger spring in my step so to speak. Although I had always believed in looking after my staff.

Anyway, getting back to the story, before very long I realised that all was not well. I followed her eyes, and looked back over my shoulder.

It came as a bit of a shock to see the upper deck of a double decker bus, stopped at the lights, full of darts fans, clapping, cheering, and egging me on.

I would like to say that this level of support spurred me on to greater things, but sadly I must admit that it didn't.