You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What happened yesterday? UKOPS Day 5

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,906
    Type your comment
    AKAscotty said:

good work as usual , But I thought xleex21 deserved a special mention final tabling the £110 (5th) and the £220 (3rd). great work fella

100% agree with that.

I make notes as I go along, after first reviewing every event. I saw what he had done, stuck it on a note & then chuffing failed to put it in the report.

Think my writing was so bad I could not decipher it.

I'll certainly mention him in the next one, though there may not be one tomorrow, as I've got a lengthy hossie appointment booked tomorrow morning.
  • NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 863
    Quite a good write up that one Tikay. Well done to Chris.
  • NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 863
    I'll be coming for you in the PLO8 by the way...
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,501
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

AKAscotty said:

good work as usual , But I thought xleex21 deserved a special mention final tabling the £110 (5th) and the £220 (3rd). great work fella

100% agree with that.

I make notes as I go along, after first reviewing every event. I saw what he had done, stuck it on a note & then chuffing failed to put it in the report.

I'll certainly mention him in the next one, though there may not be one tomorrow, as I've got a lengthy hossie appointment booked tomorrow morning.
    Hope you run like rspca at that....
    edited October 2018
    Type your comment
    NChanning said:

Quite a good write up that one Tikay. Well done to Chris.

I was just thinking what a nice thing to say until I saw the "that one" bit.

To be fair, Gill is the same.

"Your hair looks nice today Gill".

"Why, didn't it look nice yesterday?"
    NChanning said:

I'll be coming for you in the PLO8 by the way...

Ha, gl with that.

Armpit.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

In the USA, they have a tradition of getting some celeb to sing "Star Spangled Banner" before a sporting event, and at the Oklahoma Thunder v LA Clippers NBA game last night, it was actress Kristin Chenoweth, and she was introduced to the mightily tall Boban Marjonavic, who plays for the Clippers.

The mind truly boggles.

He must be one of the few NBA players who can do a no-jump-dunk.

She's about the perfect height for him if she losses the heels.
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 918
    Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 29, £11 entry, £3,000 Mini BH

In yesterday's write-up I gave mention to @lolufold, lo and behold he went and won last night's Mini.

He was another member of Team Sky Poker, can you name all of these?

Team Sky Poker was a great Promo, really good, and ideally suited to the TV Channel.

Runner-up in the Mini was @sillymid - a cricketer, presumably? - with hotshot @GSmith13 3rd. A pair of Danny's were 4th & 5th, @danny2309 and @dannykath, with @spinky6108 in 6th.

I noticed -LEON- in 8th, he's been here a goodly while.

@MattBates scored his best result so far in this UKOPS in 50th place, collecting almost £6 profit, and good to see @madprof and @MISTY4ME both collecting a few bob.

Both @BlairReid and @Toffeeandy were early casualties, so early in fact they were able to catch the end of the first half in last nights Burton Albion v Notts Forest televised game. Hope they had not had a bet on Forest to compound their misery.

Thanks for the mention @Tikay10, out in precisely 14 minutes, not my finest hour; funnily enough I did have that game on in the background until my wife came off the phone, took one look at the screen and said "We're not watching that $hite". I couldn't really argue with her to be fair. For what it's worth this was my exit hand, it looked so good on the flop too........
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Sprite11Small blind15.0015.003435.00
    ToffeeandyBig blind30.0045.002910.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    Anteup8Fold
    The--DonFold
    blueberr27Fold
    lionnbearCall30.0075.002625.00
    Sprite11Call15.0090.003420.00
    ToffeeandyCheck
    Flop
    • J
    Sprite11Check
    ToffeeandyBet60.00150.002850.00
    lionnbearFold
    Sprite11Call60.00210.003360.00
    Turn
    Sprite11Bet120.00330.003240.00
    ToffeeandyCall120.00450.002730.00
    River
    Sprite11Check
    ToffeeandyBet350.00800.002380.00
    Sprite11All-in3240.004040.000.00
    ToffeeandyAll-in2380.006420.000.00
    Sprite11Unmatched bet510.005910.00510.00
    Sprite11Show
    • Q
    ToffeeandyShow
    • J
    Sprite11WinStraight to the Queen5910.006420.00
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,412
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

AKAscotty said:

100% agree with that.

Hope everything goes well at the hospital Tikay.
    Type your comment
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

AKAscotty said:

100% agree with that.

Hope everything goes well at the hospital Tikay.
    Thanks Tuney @Enut

All a bit of an anti-climax in the end, was supposed to have an US scan & all sorts, but there were staff issues at the Hossie so it was just blood tests this time, all over in minutes.

Was chuffed to bits for you last night, 4th in the UKOPS PLO8 - great result, well done. You gotta dodge some bullets in them things.

Mr E, aka @eon1961 was on my table, as was @dragon1964 was just like old times, I absolutely loved it.