You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What happened yesterday? UKOPS Day 6

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

A "Lite" update today, due to time constraints, so you'll perhaps be pleased less off-topic waffle and photos than usual.

Was quite a night one way or another too, as you will see.

OK, off we jolly well go.

Comments

• Options

UKOPS 33, £22 entry, £2,000 PLO8 Freezeout

This scrambled over the Guarantee line by 3 entries, but that's OK, a win is a win.

I could barely believe my eyes early doors, when after just a few levels, @daggers747 had 30,000 chips from a starting 4,000. Such are the swings and swongs of PLO8 however that he ended up as Bubble Boy, which must have hurt.

Good old @pomfrittes was 13th, with been-here-forever @Direwolf 11th.

In the Final, Hold Em Hotshot @FeelGroggy was first to depart, 5th was @lundie whilst @Enut, a thoroughly lovely chap who much enjoys playing tennis was an excellent 4th.

3rd was @tom_mull after a remarkable comeback 3 handed by super-shortie @pompeynic who eventually came 2nd, leaving the top step of the podium to @Ivydrive.

I played this too, as many of you know, so I'm obliged to report that I am officially useless, & finished down the field in 32nd of the 83 hopefuls. My exit was sensational though - I was a 98.2% favourite after the flop but managed to lose the hand. PLO8 might just be the most fun and exciting poker variant ever.

For those who enjoy the 4 card game, there is a UKOPS PLO on Saturday at 7pm. I may even donate. Again.
  • Options

UKOPS 34, £55 entry, £10,000 Rebuy

@jubb snuck into the money, as did @Itsover4u, @HAYSIE (how?) & @F_Ivanovic.

In 6th was @arc2arc - make a note of that name, you'll soon see why, as he went on to make Sky Poker history.

5th was @Herbie536, with a really good result in 4th for Forum regular @Angmar2626.

3rd & 2nd respectively went to two very consistent and big winners on Sky Poker, @jordz16 and @Froozle - well done both.

How about our winner though? Here he is, looking rather pleased with himself, as well he might;

Yup, none other than Sky Poker's ambassador, @NChanning.

We do give him some stick, & so we should, but he's still got game, especially for someone in his mid 50's.

Well done Mr C.
  • Options

UKOPS 35, £11 entry, £3,000 Rebuy Mini

Small cashes for @FeelGroggy, @kidgrimsby, and @jawzindawz, but when we get to the final, things get very interesting.

5th was @freeatlast , a remarkable result for him as he won this event yesterday for his biggest ever win on Sky Poker, now he has followed up the very next night with a 5th. Bravo.

4th place went to the fearsome and fearless @Curt360x27, 3rd was @HAMSTER78, and our winner was @fitzy_1, well done all.

Now things get spooky. In 6th place was @arc2arc, and he also finished 6th in the UKOPS Main, so that means he collects a £50 Bonus as part of Sky Poker's "Final Table Jackpot" which runs every night.

But wait, there's more.

Runner-up @Froozle was also runner-up in the Main, so he collects a tasty £1,500 Bonus for the Final Table Jackpot promo.

And that, as far as my memory can tell, is the first time in the 10 years or more this Promo has been running that TWO players have collected Final Table Jackpot money on the same night. I believe the current buzz-word applicable is scenes.

Very well done to both of them, takes a good bit of doing to finish in the Top 6 in back to back MTT's.

And if you are wondering what the Final Table Jackpot is, & how it works, here you go;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/final-table-jackpot?dcmp=p_pr_jpot

• Options

UKOPS 36, £22 entry, £4,000 BH

@danny2309 who finalled a UKOPS the previous night made the money again in 13th, @eddie80 cashed again, 12th this time, with @dameflop who was 3rd in UKOPS 13 on Sunday in 10th, so she is doing better than hubbie @glencoelad so far I believe.

In 9th & 8th were serial UKOPS cashers @jubb & @Itsover4u, with the real surprise being 7th place @ctbn, a player who, not to be rude, like, barely knows poker hand rankings.

Some familiar faces in the final - 4th was @Tsaaaar, 3rd @GSmith13 and runner-up @LmfaoAllin.

Winner? @Szu, which is a real struggle to pronounce. Well done @szu.
  • Options

UKOPS 37, £55 entry, £4,000 Turbo BH

Another great effort from @fitzy_1, 8th in this after winning the Mini earlier.

And proving yet again how often lightning strikes twice, @ctbn, 7th in UKOPS 35 went one better this time in 6th, though I've no idea how. There's hope yet for us all.

@MrTucker was 5th, the wonderfully named @mumahumpa 4th, with @GetThere 3rd.

Heads up it was between @lonch and @nicknat118, with the latter prevailing.

I noticed that @nicknat118 is the proud owner of one of those spinning gold stars on Sharky - he was 3rd in the "Count" Leaderboard in 2014, having played 5,954 games on Sky Poker that year. Who played most games on Sky Poker in 2014? @DivsDreams. He still plays here, too, though not as much these days.
  • Options

UKOPS 38, £22 entry, £2,000 Hyper Rebuy

With just 8 paid it was painful for @loololollo in 9th, slightly less so for 8th placed @SUPERSNEDD with another good effort from @Morris707 in 7th.

The final was a real tough gig, with @JonTSnow 6th, @scotty77 5th, @Sharki0 4th, and @SenorBegs, who has had a quiet week by his standards, 3rd.

Meanwhile, @Limp2Lose who won the 10pm Turbo just 2 days earlier, could not quite close this one & ended up 2nd.

Winner? @Hammmmers. Not a bad night for @Hammmmers - he played 4 UKOPS events & cashed in 3 of them. Nice work.
  • Options

Tonight?

UKOPS 39 Bounty Hunter 7:00pm £22 £4,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 40 Bounty Hunter* 8:00pm £110 £15,000 12 10,000

UKOPS 41 Mini Bounty Hunter* 8:30pm £11 £3,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 42 Bounty Hunter 9:00pm £22 £4,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 43 Turbo Bounty Hunter 10:00pm £55 £4,000 7 5,000

UKOPS 44 Hyper Bounty Hunter 11:00pm £22 £2,000 5 3,000

• Options

That's it.

Apologies it was short & sweet today, with none of the usual photos and comment from the real world, but I have time problems today. Normal waffleage will resume tomorrow, all being well.

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Tikay10 said:

UKOPS 33, £22 entry, £2,000 PLO8 Freezeout

This scrambled over the Guarantee line by 3 entries, but that's OK, a win is a win.

I could barely believe my eyes early doors, when after just a few levels, @daggers747 had 30,000 chips from a starting 4,000. Such are the swings and swongs of PLO8 however that he ended up as Bubble Boy, which must have hurt.

Good old @pomfrittes was 13th, with been-here-forever @Direwolf 11th.

In the Final, Hold Em Hotshot @FeelGroggy was first to depart, 5th was @lundie whilst @Enut, a thoroughly lovely chap who much enjoys playing tennis was an excellent 4th.

3rd was @tom_mull after a remarkable comeback 3 handed by super-shortie @pompeynic who eventually came 2nd, leaving the top step of the podium to @Ivydrive.

I played this too, as many of you know, so I'm obliged to report that I am officially useless, & finished down the field in 32nd of the 83 hopefuls. My exit was sensational though - I was a 98.2% favourite after the flop but managed to lose the hand. PLO8 might just be the most fun and exciting poker variant ever.

For those who enjoy the 4 card game, there is a UKOPS PLO on Saturday at 7pm. I may even donate. Again.

Can we move this to BBV please mods?
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    At about 6.30pm I "popped round" to some friends round the corner to drop something off and promised myself I 100% wouldn't stop and chat as I really wanted to play the PLO8. Why oh why did I answer the question "Would you like a glass of wine Neil?" with yes?

Next thing it was 9.45pm and I was explaining to them about online poker tournaments, something I don't think they still can comprehend, and I was rushing back to register, rebuy and top up all with about a minute to spare.

Glad I didn't tell them I'd have that bit of bread and pate and open the other bottle.

Sorry to miss the PLO8 though.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    NChanning said:

At about 6.30pm I "popped round" to some friends round the corner to drop something off and promised myself I 100% wouldn't stop and chat as I really wanted to play the PLO8. Why oh why did I answer the question "Would you like a glass of wine Neil?" with yes?

Next thing it was 9.45pm and I was explaining to them about online poker tournaments, something I don't think they still can comprehend, and I was rushing back to register, rebuy and top up all with about a minute to spare.

Glad I didn't tell them I'd have that bit of bread and pate and open the other bottle.

@NChanning

Was the friend you popped to see this young lady, by any chance?

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Cheers Tikay for the enjoyable updates this week. Last night I was actually wondering in-game where the 'blog bubble' would be for finishing position in the Main to get a mention - glad I made it over the mark :)
  • Options
    miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Yes @Froozle lad!! The uni night life reeled me in the last two nights, time to bink a bracelet by Sunday!
  • Options
    It was not...never really got the whole Halloween thing. She is a big fan and went to a party at the house of someone who is massively into it and goes bananas with a huge party every year. They are quite famous...
  • Options
    Type your comment
    NChanning said:

It was not...never really got the whole Halloween thing. She is a big fan and went to a party at the house of someone who is massively into it and goes bananas with a huge party every year. They are quite famous...

@NChannning

Let me guess- Jonathan Ross?
  • Options
    Correct.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

NChanning said:

@NChanning

What stickd out the most with this pic is that Vicky has a very bony elbow
  • Options
    Type your comment
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

NChanning said:

@NChanning

I'm very glad that's the Only Connect you observed.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

NChanning said:

@NChanning

I thought it was that she had her mouth covered....... obviously by Neil to help him get a word in :D:D

Great bink Ambo btw
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

NChanning said:

@NChanning

to be fair, they both look a bit pointy.......the elbows TK, the elbows