You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Returning player quickly reminded why she left

2»

Comments

• Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    edited November 2018
    MattBates said:

I believe cash and MTT numbers are up but I don't know for certain so I wont make a general statement like you decided to without having evidence.

It only effects mass tablers so I cant see loads of recs leaving because the issue would never of effected them. You say about it being "good for all you regs" but are there actually that many DYM regs?

Have you not thought that maybe normal speed DYM traffic has reduced because they are not as popular a game format these days?

The software will still affect some - there are a fair few losing multi tabling DYM regs (believe it or not), but it's also not the only reason - the traffic switch to turbo's would be another - recreational players lose their money faster right so will stop sooner? - Makes logical sense or am I missing something?

There is a fair amount of DYM regs yes. The games in the evenings are extremely reggy and have been for a while.

I don't need any evidence to say that DYM traffic has reduced, its glaringly obvious, especially in the mornings and day time. It wasn't so long ago that 16.50 and 22gbp games would run in the mornings on weekdays, now not a look in until evening. If MTT and cash are up though that is great of course, i'm not sure it is however, although I do play a lot during the day (rather than the evening) when of course there are very little MTT's running at all regardless.

My personal opinion is that the introduction of the turbo DYM games diluted the slow ones (the slow ones were always popular when there was no choice), and now it has shifted for sure to turbo. They are more popular as you have suggested, though if I was a losing recreational player I would certainly enjoy losing my money slower and getting a longer game by playing the regular ones than the turbo ones, that said gamblers will be gamblers and the rush and fastness of the turbo game is attractive, even if it isn't the sensible choice to these players? - When these guys see 3/6 in the lobby for turbo (even if it is 3 regs, usually Timmy, bigfatfish and dirtysheet) v 0/6 for regular, they will always pick the 3/6 I suspect.

The turbo's are EXTREMELY hard to beat, if you are a recreational player who can't/doesn't chase points but plays fairly regularly you will lose your money and fast. Even the very best DYMer's out there are doing very well to break even on play alone.

Gl at the tables Matt