You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How many badbeats you HAD TODAY!?

Ladies and Gentlemen

Today i had played ten hours of different sessions

I had flopped straight four times straight flush draw shove , call lost.
Second, flopped straight, another player flopped higher straight
Third, flopped straight,
Villan trapped with trips nine, river 3gutter.
Fourth,
Someone all in with a set on flop , a full house of river dada

Kk all in vs 1010 pre flop, set, lost
JJ vs A4 pre flop all in, lost.

turn all in, Villan opened ended straight flush draw, my pocket AA with diamond counter , Villan made his 2gutter ace straight,

AJ, two villas with A 2,
Ax x, chekc check , pot bet, call, call. Turn 2, pot committed all in. With 55bb left.

Countless AK vs Ax river turn two pairs

and then I took a shot, which 10 times higher than my usual buy in.

AhAdon BTN, Villan with KdKs

Villian cutoff 16
Hero re pop 39
called

all fold , heads up

flop Qd 10d 5c

Hero Bet 3/4 pot,Villan called

turn 7d

hero, check raise all in ,villian, he called

THEN HE MADE THIS GUTSHOT STRAIGHT WITH An ACE ON RIVER

POKER IS A ****,i quit

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,234

Hi @OHSNAP

It's a brutal game sometimes, eh?

The other side of the coin is the buzz we get when our hand holds, or we flop a set v an overpair.

I saw this on Twitter recently;

"Poker is an ongoing survey of our character".

If we want to play poker, we have to ride those beats, we just do.

Hope you run better soon.
  • Options
    OHSNAPOHSNAP Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

This is not a game to me any more. You make correct decision but you gotta take the failure.
    It's no fairness at all. Game is sth to me where skills matter, like football, fencing games.
    You know where you mistake is, you can improve it.
    I don't know why this so called "game" has been on going for years, no one has tried improve it and taken out the luck factor.
    And it's ridiculous that ESPN framed it as sport lol sport my **** with Doyle Brunson's dummy is as big as a double decker bus.
    Especially, those 1-2-4gutter. Why there is still no rule in holdem to punish those donks calls lucky hit.
    It keeps discourage good players and rewarding bad players. Rewarding bad player is sth that don't exist in "games".
  • Options
    xfgwdtboswxfgwdtbosw Member Posts: 45
    I guess if you took out the ‘luck factor’ and the best player ALWAYS won there would be no poker at all.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    Tikay10 said:

Hi @OHSNAP

It's a brutal game sometimes, eh?

The other side of the coin is the buzz we get when our hand holds, or we flop a set v an overpair.

I saw this on Twitter recently;

"Poker is an ongoing survey of our character".

If we want to play poker, we have to ride those beats, we just do.

Hope you run better soon.

This is a great quoteTikay :)

I always use the. "I'm one bit of bad luck closer to my next Win" ......and I would always rather get it in ahead..... case in point in a little micro sat to tonight's Hitman semi with 5 of us left and 2 seats.....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Rafa888Small blind400.00400.008530.00
    MISTY4MEBig blind800.001200.006352.50
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • K
    FATJIMFold
    DEANDOGFold
    superb00bFold
    eugene1972Fold
    Rafa888All-in8530.009730.000.00
    MISTY4MEAll-in6352.5016082.500.00
    Rafa888Unmatched bet1777.5014305.001777.50
    Rafa888Show
    • J
    MISTY4MEShow
    • A
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    Rafa888WinThree 3s14305.0016082.50
    But I know it's 'Swings & Roundabouts', and I've certainly had my fair share of Good luck recently :)

It will turn round for you @OHSNAP, unless you believe that you should win every hand when you're ahead......... it'll never turn round that far :s

• Options
    @MISTY4ME They should be. There should be a rule that any 2-4 gutter can only chop the pot when they hit their 1-9 odd ****. I don't understand why the game keep making a laugh at me for 28 hours straight but dealing **** 2%-9% gutters for almost 60 hours, I've lost half of my bankroll. All of my all in call are +EV and everything i've called today are 80% ahead ,are **** river gutter. One day **** up my 4 weeks worth of grinding, why would i ever waste time on it again
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    If you've tilted off half your bankroll its your own fault, self control and knowing your own weaknesses rather than blaming the World is the main thing that separates the best players from the rest of us.
    Run bad only accounts for some of the losses, its just very hard to see the mistakes through the red mist at the time.

Hope you run better and build the bankroll back up. GL
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HENDRIK62 said:

If you've tilted off half your bankroll its your own fault, self control and knowing your own weaknesses rather than blaming the World is the main thing that separates the best players from the rest of us.
    Run bad only accounts for some of the losses, its just very hard to see the mistakes through the red mist at the time.

• Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Where is my weakness? i played every of my hands perfectly until the river **** me over, every single one. I made every correct and +ev all in, for 28 hours, everyone of it **** me over !
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    If you think you played every one of your hands perfectly then that is your weakness.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    ''and then I took a shot, which 10 times higher than my usual buy in.''

Chasing bad variance by stepping up levels is a mistake - one I have been guilty of too in past but a mistake nonetheless - irrespective of yet more bad variance hurting relatively more, you can also struggle to make best decisions if the money is not so comfortable - I knew this when I folded Kings pre whilst playing 1000nl as a guy jammed best part of 2k and I folded thinking he'd never do this with qq or ak - he swears he had qq - I knew then this was not my level as a big part of factor was I had a solid night up until then with £600 profit and didn't want to lose 1600 - clearly if the villain really did have qq then he knew this too. Gl Gl