You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Uploading Images/photos to the Forum

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

Afternoon.

I gather some of you are having a problem uploading images/photos to the Forum at present. Apologies for this.

I have reported this to the Tech guys, & they are on the case. Hopefully, it will be resolved in the next 24 hours.

Please note that images can still be uploaded if you use an image-hosting site such as Imgur, which is completely free. Just upload your image to there, then C & P the link onto the Forum. Works just fine.

Comments

• Options

As soon as the problem is resolved, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,039
    @Tikay10 still unable to upload pictures/files.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    lucy4 said:

@Tikay10 still unable to upload pictures/files.

Hi @lucy4

I raised it with our techies yesterday, & they in turn raised it with the forum software provider, who acknowledged the problem & issued an Incident Number.

Just as soon as it is sorted, I'll let everyone know via this thread.

Apologies for the inconv.
  • Options
    Hi @Tikay10 is there any update on this yet as it's still not working ? Thanks.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    lucy4 said:

Lucy. I am using Imgur and that works ok.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    lucy4 said:

Hi @lucy4

I have reported it & then subsequently chased it. Vanilla, who provide the Forum Software, are aware, but not much more I can do at the moment. Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

For now though, Imgur - which is completely free - works perfectly, that's what I am using, ditto @Boxster.

Apologies for the inconv. The moment it is sorted, or I get an update, I'll let you all know on this thread.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    Regarding using IMGUR

To help anybody with this as I had to learn recently with assistance from @Tikay10, here are some instructions. I do this on a laptop so not sure if different on a phone or tablet.

When signed in click ‘New Post’ at top
    Browse to or drag your image to the box
    Once uploaded. Go to your images and open/click the image you want to post.
    Click the image and you should get some link options.
    Use the link ‘HTML (website/blogs)’ and copy that link
    Paste the link in to a new forum post, preview and the image should show.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ^^^^^

It's a LOT less complicated then it sounds, I promise.

Takes me around 15 seconds to do the lot.
  • Options
    Thanks I will try the Imgur thingy :) .
  • Options

Apologies for the delay in getting this sorted.

The third party forum software supplier wrote to Sky Poker yesterday to say the problem was now resolved, however, when tested, it clearly was not solved, so Sky Poker have had to push back to Vanilla (the software supplier) again.

It had already been raised as an "incident" & has now been escalated, so I'm hopeful it will soon be sorted.
  • Options

Another brief update on this.

It has now been escalated to the Service Lifestyle Manager (Gaming), the top cheese in these matters.

The e-Mail string between SB&G & the Forum Software Supplier is now quite lengthy, & the tone of the e-Mails from SB&G is getting increasingly sharp.

The latest e-Mail was sent at 7am this morning, & I would be very surprised if it does not elicit a prompt response. However, the Forum Software Supplier is based in a different time-zone, 6 hours behind us, so it may be late afternoon or early evening before a reply is sent.

I will continue to try to keep you updated.

Apologies to all those who have been inconvenienced.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Another brief update on this.

It has now been escalated to the Service Lifestyle Manager (Gaming), the top cheese in these matters.

The e-Mail string between SB&G & the Forum Software Supplier is now quite lengthy, & the tone of the e-Mails from SB&G is getting increasingly sharp.

The latest e-Mail was sent at 7am this morning, & I would be very surprised if it does not elicit a prompt response. However, the Forum Software Supplier is based in a different time-zone, 6 hours behind us, so it may be late afternoon or early evening before a reply is sent.

I will continue to try to keep you updated.

Apologies to all those who have been inconvenienced.

Thanks @Tikay10 for keeping us updated and making sure that the issue is not just being put on the back burner.

• Options

Evening.

I am informed that the problem has now ben resolved.

However, I am unable to test it right now, nor is @Boxster, who has been assisting me with this.

If anyone is around & able, please try uploading an image via the Forum software image loading procedure. (NOT via an image hosting site such as Imgur).

@lucy4

@mumsie

@noseybonk

@ Anyone Else.

Thank you.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    I couldn't simply copy and paste an image tho, fwiw.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 I've just tried to upload on two of my threads and it still seems not to be working. However wait for others to try to see if it's working for them before taking any further action.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

@Tikay10 I've just tried to upload on two of my threads and it still seems not to be working. However wait for others to try to see if it's working for them before taking any further action.

Ye the only way I could do it was by copy the image's address and using the insert image tool.
  • Options
    I use the snipping tool then save it to my pictures then upload from there,but it's still not working. Will wait for others to try to make sure it's not my end but I don't think it is.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I'm not quite with you - did the usual forum software method (Attach Image using the little icon above the text box)) work?

Sounds like it worked for @kapowblamz but not @lucy4

Please clarify, thank you.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    edited January 2019
    file failed to upload
    just tried a couple of random photos its not working