You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Download problems

Been playing on the download for yonks. For some reason, the shortcut has changed colour and says it is now invalid.
Tried to download it again, but refuses to let me-"error number 2032" comes up.

No idea what is causes this-although Sky have had an "upgrade" last night, and Avast also reinstalled.

Any suggested (sensible) solutions welcome-not keen on playing in the Browser (tho that is working)

Phil

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,723

Morning Phil @Essexphil.

I can't really help with the problem, but I can rule out this;

"No idea what is causes this-although Sky have had an "upgrade" last night"

It was an "all Product" upgrade, & was related to database Compliance & GDPR matters, nothing was done to the Sky Poker front end.

Might be worth trying again today, as if it were widespread we'd have had other complaints.

Hope you get sorted, if not, post again please.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,034
    Still a problem.
    "Error 2032" appears to be an Adobe Flash problem.
    My Adobe air is up to date, but the Adobe Flash will not reinstall.
    I have no idea what any of that means, but suspect it is the problem!
  • Options

OK @Essexphil, guess we'd best send for @mumsie @Noseybonk & @anyoneelsewhocan help.

Have you tried TIO&TIOA?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

OK @Essexphil, guess we'd best send for @mumsie @Noseybonk & @anyoneelsewhocan help.

Have you tried TIO&TIOA?

Ah, someone who is clearly my equal in tech savviness :)
    Tried the TIO thing-no joy.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,375
    Hi Phil, I don't know much, but let's see if it can be narrowed down.
  • Options
    I'm hoping you've got windows, I don't know Macs.

What computer are you using ?

Copy and paste the address here that you are getting the Adobe flash download from.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Copy and paste the address here that you are getting the Adobe flash download from.

Windows 7.
    HP Pavilion
    I have just re-downloaded adobe flash from their official site-still getting Error 2032.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    mumsie said:

Hi Phil, I don't know much, but let's see if it can be narrowed down.

Thanks @mumsie.

Please use short words & speak slowly, @Essexphil is quite old.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

mumsie said:

Windows 7.
    HP Pavilion
    I have just re-downloaded adobe flash from their official site-still getting Error 2032.
    Ok.

If you copy and paste the address here, I can try it, see what I get.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Essexphil said:

mumsie said:

Windows 7.
    HP Pavilion
    Ok.

If you copy and paste the address here, I can try it, see what I get.
    Apologies-I didn't make myself sufficiently clear. It's probably an age thing-I am more than half Tikay's age :) Adobe Flash claimed to have installed without problems

The "Error#2032" message is on Sky Poker's site, when I try and download it.
    I had this same problem about a year ago-Mr Bonk resolved it in about 5 seconds, but I have no idea what he did.
  • Options
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    I don't know if it's the same on Download, and I'm probably even more useless than you techy-wise Phil, but I have to 'Allow' flash every day, by pressing the little padlock next to Hestview Limited [GB] in the address bar to get the drop-down menu. Don't know if this helps but always worth trying
  • Options
    Ok, we'll try solve this without the link to the Adobe download instead then :/

It seems to me, ( unless mistys approach works or noseydonk makes an appearance) either the diwnload is corrupt or there is a registry entry than needs switching.

I'll try when I get home on my windows 7 nachine using the link Nosy provided in the other thread.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    edited January 2019
    Essexphil said:

I had this same problem about a year ago-Mr Bonk resolved it in about 5 seconds, but I have no idea what he did.

Sorry, I can't remember either :D Was it your primary browser that was the issue (messing up the download of the client), so I downloaded it using another? That rings a bell but my mind is a mess at the mo'.

• Options
    NoseyBonk said:

Essexphil said:

Sorry, I can't remember either :D Was it your primary browser that was the issue (messing up the download of the client), so I downloaded it using another? That rings a bell but my mind is a mess at the mo'.

Can't fully remember. I do recall that Firefox had some sort of issue with a Sky update, and the result was my icon no longer provided the required shortcut.
    You suggested changing from Firefox, but 1 of my kids uses various rivals on this computer (even tho she has her own Mac) and that can cause all sorts of problems (partic as she is only 17). you then fixed it in a matter of seconds, but no idea how.

Hope you are ok.

Phil
  • Options
    I see there are issues with the latest windows 7 update.

Did the issue start at the sane time ?

https://www.itpro.co.uk/microsoft-windows/32704/windows-7-users-report-network-errors-after-january-update
  • Options
    mumsie said:

I see there are issues with the latest windows 7 update.

Did the issue start at the sane time ?

https://www.itpro.co.uk/microsoft-windows/32704/windows-7-users-report-network-errors-after-january-update

Not sure, purely because my windows automatically updates.

I use the Avast free programme, and that suggested (on 7/1 or 8/1)that there was a problem with Sky. I just clicked the button to say I was happy to continue. While it has not done that before, it is always banging on about Grosvenor poker not being safe, so I ignored it at the time.

Overnight, the Sky icon lost its colour, and tells me the shortcut is invalid. The 2032 message is the bit that prevents me redownloading Sky. All other poker sites seem to work fine, as does playing on the non-download version of Sky.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    edited January 2019
    The shortcut should point to Skypoker.exe and it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\SkyPoker\SkyPoker.exe" (if you look at the shortcut properties)

I'm not sure what the 2032 thing is being caused by. When I downloaded it ISTR Firefox was throwing a wobbly so I used your install of Chrome just to grab it. I think I set it to prompt you where to save, so you just choose a handy location (even Desktop) as it's only the installer program.