You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

People winning cash on turbo DYM without playing a hand

Just played a turbo DYM and had a guy on the table that didn't play a single hand but still cashed,gotta be something seriously wrong their

did warn the other guys when we hit 100/200 blinds they ignored the warning and still played rather than blind him out
Fair play to them for keeping in spirit of the game but loosing out to a player that spent the whole game away sucks.i did cash so not sour grapes from me

If you get a player going by name of KKSTUCK on your table keep eye out he doesn't want to play poker he just want's to cheat people out of cash by using current sky poker rules to the max

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2019
    More fool them :D .... especially after you had warned them :o
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    Those crafty away players.....
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    If you cant beat an away player/someone who doesn't play a hand then I would be more concerned with my game than the player who has maybe forget they had registered.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
    Type your comment
    Rubberdub said:

Just played a turbo DYM and had a guy on the table that didn't play a single hand but still cashed,gotta be something seriously wrong their

did warn the other guys when we hit 100/200 blinds they ignored the warning and still played rather than blind him out
    Fair play to them for keeping in spirit of the game but loosing out to a player that spent the whole game away sucks.i did cash so not sour grapes from me

If you get a player going by name of KKSTUCK on your table keep eye out he doesn't want to play poker he just want's to cheat people out of cash by using current sky poker rules to the max

Morning @Rubberdub, & welcome to the Forum.

I don't want to sound mean to a new poster, but I need to clarify a few things there.

"....he doesn't want to play poker he just want's to cheat people out of cash by using current sky poker rules to the max....

They are not "Sky Poker rules" as such, it is a fundamental rule of poker, Live or Online - nobody HAS to play hands.

And yes, we CAN cash in a Turbo DYM without playing a hand, but I doubt it would work more than one time in 20 or 30, so the player would lose a fortune if he or she set out to sit out every game.

Nor is it cheating (your adjective), it's perfectly legit to sit out if you wish, & it is not angle-shooting.

The very great probability is that the player was disco'd, & for that they deserve a modicum of sympathy I'd say. It's happened to all of us, & it's not nice when it happens, so calling the player a cheat is a bit out of order.

However.....

"....(I) did warn the other guys when we hit 100/200 blinds they ignored the warning".

Now that IS against the rules, and is deffo angle shooting. By advising the other players of the situation you are guilty of colluding. Which is, definitely, 100% against the rules here on Sky Poker & everywhere else.

As I said at the start, I don't want to sound mean, but I'm afraid you have got this all wrong. The player you refer to as KKSTUCK (who does not seem to exist on Sky Poker) has done nothing wrong at all here.

As a general rule, when we see an "AWAY player in a Turbo DYM, it's a good thing for us, as we have 1 less opponent to beat.

Good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    davhotreddavhotred Member Posts: 39
    If the 'A' symbol stayed on for the whole time instead of disappearing once the cards are dealt might help the newbies, and, even better, could the programmers change the 'A' to 'AWAY' ?? Serious thoughts for a Thursday but plenty of time to think as all the players seem to have disappeared ?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    davhotred said:

If the 'A' symbol stayed on for the whole time instead of disappearing once the cards are dealt might help the newbies, and, even better, could the programmers change the 'A' to 'AWAY' ?? Serious thoughts for a Thursday but plenty of time to think as all the players seem to have disappeared ?

I play thru' the Browser, and if a player is AWAY, it does say AWAY all the time, though I don't ever have more than 3 tables running so don't use the TILE function