You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

perfect bluff spot on river ?

weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
edited January 2019 in Strategy
us tight reg Raise XX £0.80 £1.10 £43.04
Leo6914 Call £0.70 £1.80 £21.86
lag reg Call £0.60 £2.40 £57.09
Flop

Kc
5s
Qs

Leo6914 Check
lag reg Check
us tight reg Bet £2.40 £4.80 £40.64
Leo6914 Fold
lag reg Call £2.40 £7.20 £54.69
Turn

As

lag reg Check
us tight reg Check
River

Ac

lagreg Bet £4.20 £11.40 £50.49
us tight reg ????

our action now we are tight mutitabler regular image vs image off loose laagy player who 3 bets a lot junk and bluffs a lot but seems to do ok tho
is this the perfect bluff spot? as he can never have ak and we can , he would nearlly allways 3b aa kk ak and aq deep stack on cash
should we be firing rvr and if so what sizing ? or what percent of times to do fire rvr considering images stak sizesand way hands has been played played?

thoughts please

Comments

• Options
    and before u say weedgi your never a tight regular for this hand the images is that i am vs a
    lagtard
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2019
    I would say lock and load ready to fire. Size think you can randomize sizes vs reg.
    Btw some talk online about you slowing someone yesterday, for anyone reading this I play him a bunch and I can say he would never have done that on purpose he's not that kind of player, just putting it out there.

He's a lot of fun at the tables and a good creative player.

Glgl weedgi
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    I'm not good with strat so looking forward to seeing some of the good player's breaking down this hand popcorn at the ready.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited January 2019
    Think finding bluffs here in this kind of spot would be very reasonable for reasons you stated. I'd be tempted to go a pretty big sizing (all in is even an option) and really punish his thin value bets. Villain needs to be capable of folding a value-bet to do it though, because he is pretty much going to be value betting 100% of the time here. It is super difficult/ impossible to find a bluff he could have, after calling a pot size bet on the flop and with the sizing he's chosen on river. Ideally you want to bluff a hand that unblocks hands your trying to get him to fold whilst also blocking hands he calls with. You can definitely over or under-bluff here depending on the villain. Think villain is super capped, 5s full is the best hand he can ever have, assuming he would pure 3bet AQ pre, and A5s has to fold flop. He might even raise flop with it. You might literally be able to get him to fold his entire range depending on the size you use. You could even get some players off 5s full here by say shoving. Pretty villain dependent how you approach this spot. Would guess the average reg at those stakes would value bet river too much and not contest often enough vs a aggression. Your line as a value bet is super reputable as well.
  • Options
    i actually am the villian in this hand, i switched it about to try to prove a point. and to add more the in position player(tight reg) has a hand that cant call on rvr, ie he folded
    the reg i was discussing hand with said he got disconnected on rvr so that kinda killed the discussion , but i see its a spot a lot off regs arent repping as they should be , prob a bad point to bring up , but i like the reg and know he wants to improve his game
    i would be betting very large on rvr expecting allsorts to folds like massive plus ev spot
    ty groggy u nailed it i respect your comments on this forum
    fwiw i had a flush and was bet folding rvr all day , unless i know reg is good enuff and gonna rep the boat then its a bet call on rvr ?