You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

forum triple tournament scam

Why does it not say in the poker client lobby you need to register on the forum to get the winners bonus? its a scam they keep the tickets or issue them to their friends.1st and 2nd and they screw me,how many other people have they done this to?

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    Nice chatting with you.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,151
    edited January 2019
    VALERIAN said:

Why does it not say in the poker client lobby you need to register on the forum to get the winners bonus? its a scam they keep the tickets or issue them to their friends.1st and 2nd and they screw me,how many other people have they done this to?

Hi @VALERIAN

Firstly, I've seen your other thread where you wrote, amongst other things;

"....so its a scam it never said anything in the poker lobby about having to register?who got the token you or one of your buddies?...."

"....just another case of misinformation and online fraud1....."

"SCAMMING PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!"

Also, on this thread, you wrote;

"its a scam they keep the tickets or issue them to their friends.1st and 2nd and they screw me,how many other people have they done this to?"

Tickets don't go to "friends", & they have not "screwed you" or anyone else.

Prizes don't go to "buddies", all results are proofed on that thread I linked. You really should not say such things without knowing the facts.

I'm now going to explain - politely & patiently - where you have misunderstood this, & I hope you'll respond in kind.

I'll also give some advice on how you can get the chance earn, from time to time, free prizes which are kindly donated by Sky Poker, & organised by players who spend a lot of unpaid time doing community stuff here.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    You played 2 Tournaments which are part of a trio of MTT's loosely labelled "FORUM TRIPLE TAKEDOWN". They take place every Monday evening here on Sky Poker.

You can read about them, & become part of them, & qualify for prizes, simply by registering your alias on this thread, here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/174476/forum-triple-takedown-january-thread-sky-poker-tokens-to-won/p1

The 3 Tournaments are;

19.15 Forum Triple Takedown 1 is 5000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, Deepstack buy-in £2-00
    19.45 Forum Triple Takedown 2 is a 4000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, Doublestack buy-in £1-00
    20.15 Forum Triple Takedown 3 is a 3000 chip starting stack, 12 min clock, Bounty Hunter buy-in £2-00

Note the buy-ins - £2, £1, & £2.

There is NO REG FEE on these 3 Tournaments. Sky Poker earn NOTHING from running them - except to help foster the Community here, especially those who can only afford the smaller buy-ins.

Not only do Sky Poker take no Reg Fee & earn no money from these, they freely donate weekly prizes over & above the Prize Pool which amount to £40 per week EVERY week, & in addition, Monthly prizes which amount to approx £100 EVERY month.

So that's £3,200 per year of prizes over & above the Prize Pool, & NIL Reg fee.

Unless my memory has failed me (NAP), this arrangement has been in place at least 6 years.

To organise this, a group of players run the Thread I linked above, keep all the admin records, & spend a lot of their own time promoting these 3 Comps for lower buy-in players.

The organisers don't get paid anything for running it, they do it to help others, & foster Community Spirit. Sky Poker earn nothing, but give away over £3,000 per year, based on 2 x £2 MTT's weekly & 1£ MTT weekly, none of which charge a Reg Fee.

To be part of this - & many other similar FREE Competitions & Prizes, my advice would be to use the Forum more often. There are lots of different Freebie Community Comps run via this Forum, probably 5 or 6, some give poker prizes, others give Free Bets with Sky Bet. All you have to do to be part of it is keep an eye on the Forum, &, perhaps, contribute with posts now & then.

Free money, free prizes, just by being part of the Community. No scam though, absolutely not.
  • Options

If you are still unsure how to qualify for these free prizes, let me know, either on this thread or send me a PM, & I'll explain further.

• Options
    VALERIANVALERIAN Member Posts: 17
    Tikay10 said:

VALERIAN said:

Hi @VALERIAN

Firstly, I've seen your other thread where you wrote, amongst other things;

"....so its a scam it never said anything in the poker lobby about having to register?who got the token you or one of your buddies?...."

"....just another case of misinformation and online fraud1....."

"SCAMMING PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!"

Also, on this thread, you wrote;

"its a scam they keep the tickets or issue them to their friends.1st and 2nd and they screw me,how many other people have they done this to?"

Tickets don't go to "friends", & they have not "screwed you" or anyone else.

Prizes don't go to "buddies", all results are proofed on that thread I linked. You really should not say such things without knowing the facts.

I'm now going to explain - politely & patiently - where you have misunderstood this, & I hope you'll respond in kind.

I'll also give some advice on how you can get the chance earn, from time to time, free prizes which are kindly donated by Sky Poker, & organised by players who spend a lot of unpaid time doing community stuff here.
  • Options
    scam!
  • Options
    where does it say in the poker lobby you need to register the forum????????]
  • Options
    misinforming people
  • Options
    a scam is a scam is a scam.
  • Options
    deflect all you want but i still feel robbed!
  • Options
    VALERIAN said:

deflect all you want but i still feel robbed!

Yes, I understand you feel robbed, which is why I spent some time politely - politely you note - explaining it all in detail.

I have not "deflected", I have explained the facts & tried to give you advice on how to be part of the Community & earn the right to these freebies.

If you don't wish to be part of Forum Triple Takedown, I'll word the Organisers to exclude you. If you do want to be part of it, just say, & I'll sort it for you.

It's up to you, just say the word.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    VALERIAN said:

where does it say in the poker lobby you need to register the forum????????]

Here. It says exactly THIS in the Poker Lobby.

"£100 Forum Triple Takedown 2! £100 Guaranteed Double Stack. Late Reg will be open until the end of level 5. Visit the Poker Chat section of the forum for details on how to register for all 3 events and the chance to win extra weekly and monthly prizes".

Note the bolded part.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    edited January 2019
    @VALERIAN I am not sure why you are calling this a scam. This league has been run by us for years and never been accused of it being a scam.

In the lobby it directs you to the forum. On the forum, Poker Chat section is a stickied post that details the rules on the original post. On post two I clearly state that if you are not already listed and want to join the league, post on thread with your team or independent. You do not have to be in a team.

The opening post states that you need to register before 8:15pm on the Monday of the tournaments. Very clear.

It appears you had some good results one week, well played and then tried registering for the league after the registration closed period. (in fact a week later). Therefore you were registered for the following week (which you didn’t play).

The 3 tournaments are rake free. The scoring cannot be ‘fixed for friends’ as the points system is based on the results of the 3 tournaments.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    hey box

I think it’s another case of the knife in this draw not being very sharp
  • Options
    SCAM= Say **** And Moan
  • Options
    C rap
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    wow. just wow. @VALERIAN
  • Options
    martingalemartingale Member Posts: 7
    @VALERIAN I took down last week's prize as a new player in sky and I don't have any affiliation to the any player or forum moderator.
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    @Tikay10 you never cease to amaze me... patience of a saint. Others never cease to amaze me with their stupidity, rudeness and ability to blame everyone else but themselves.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    GREGSTER said:

@Tikay10 you never cease to amaze me... patience of a saint. Others never cease to amaze me with their stupidity, rudeness and ability to blame everyone else but themselves.

A big +1 to this!