You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Any Tech recommendations

dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
edited January 2019 in The Rail
As the title suggests , any tech recommendations that make life easier/more comfortable...post them here :

I will start the ball rolling with a recent purchase : The Bose sleep buds . As someone who has suffered for a while with sleep problems , these are an absolute godsend . They mask noise by playing a selection of white noise options or relaxation sounds . The buds themselves fit comfortably inside you ears and stay there all night ( despite how much you toss and turn ) , it also comes with 3 different size ear fittings . The buds have their own charging case and claim to have 16 hrs of full charge . pairing up with your android phone is easy as is selecting the noise and the time for that to play . Selecting an alarm ( with a selection of different tunes ) is also very simple to set up .
The buds , I have found , are very comfortable and unobtrusive, and the sounds that play do exactly what they claim to do ( for me anyway ...i generally play marine sounds ) . The bad part of these is obv the cost ..at £229.95 they aren't cheap and also don't play other music . https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/noise_masking_sleepbuds/noise-masking-sleepbuds.html

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,820
    I clicked the link before I read the price.

Way too expensive.

I had my right ear irrigated a few months back, I reckon headphones and ear devices are what caused me the problem.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    mumsie said:

I clicked the link before I read the price.

Way too expensive.

I had my right ear irrigated a few months back, I reckon headphones and ear devices are what caused me the problem.

Yep , they're not cheap , but no doubt they will evolve , and either become capable of streaming music or reduce in price or both . I went in very early on , but all I can say is they have given me the best nights sleep I've had for a long time . As an aside , the lowest volume setting is very low .
    I've actually just bought some Sony wireless noise cancelling headphones ( i know there seems to be a pattern developing with my tech ) as well ...haven't tried them out yet ..but will give my thoughts on them when I do .
    These are the ones I bought >>>>
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/sony-wh-ch700n-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-headphones-black-10178525-pdt.html
    edited January 2019
    So , my thoughts on the Sony WH-CH700N wireless bluetooth noise cancelling headphones linked in the post above .
    At £99 , the price point obviously makes these attractive , especially when you consider price points of over £300 for the latest Bose . The headphones themselves are extremely comfortable and lightweight, and downloading the Sony app from the play store and pairing up the device is painless . All the controls you need to operate the headphones are located on the earpieces, although , I find the positioning of them is a little strange , and from a personal perspective I would have preferred them at the top and to the front . The headphones have NFC connectivity , which I probably would never use , but I have tried it out and it works as intended . There are different sound preset sound options for playback , which again aren't really to my liking , all seem to work though . The only one I have used regularly and I like is the bass boost . The sound quality to my ears is extremely good and far exceeds any of the other headphones I currently have.
    You have the option of taking calls through the phones and also using google assistant ...although my gripe with the latter , is you can only use the noise cancelling button for that purpose or to use the assistant , I don't see that you can toggle between them , without resetting the functionality of the button via the app .
    If you read a lot of the reviews , it would no doubt put you off buying these from a noise cancelling perspective , but I think that a lot of these reviews are being made from people with unrealistic expectations of what exactly is going to be cancelled . I find it works extremely well and my annoying ancient boiler ( distantly related to a DC10 ) , the occasionally annoying fish tank filter and air flow and the traffic hum from the bypass , is but a distant memory with these on . Also had a brief trip to the shops earlier and was happily in my own silent little world . Worth noting , its a good idea to play with the 3 different noise cancelling settings , to see which one works for you ..again this can be done by simply holding the NC button down till it bleeps then it will switch to another setting .
    Can't really comment on the battery life yet , apart from to say , that I have used them a lot since yesterday and according to the app , they still have plenty of power left .

Would I recommend them ...definitely !
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    I have bose quiet comfort noise cancelling phones and they are brilliant for flying, bought the older model on Amazon a couple of years ago. Would quite like to upgrade to wireless but the price is prohibitive so these might be a good option.
    HENDRIK62 said:

I have bose quiet comfort noise cancelling phones and they are brilliant for flying, bought the older model on Amazon a couple of years ago. Would quite like to upgrade to wireless but the price is prohibitive so these might be a good option.

Not sure how they will match up with your Bose ...but I've been impressed with them so far and at £ 99 def worth a try out
    This looks very interesting >>>>

Energizer 'thick boi' phone gives 50 days of battery life

A new Energizer phone promises its battery will last up to 50 days on one charge.

But this isn't a slim, sleek new handset - tech fans are describing it as an "absolute unit" and the "thick boi" of the mobile world.

The snappily named Power Max P18K Pop, made by Avenir Telecom, is certainly on the chunky side.

Its makers say users can watch two days of video and listen to 100 hours of music before they'll need to recharge.

It's been a talking point of the 2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC), where Avenir revealed the phone.

Because of the Energizer name, some speculated there was something under the hood that was helping the handset hold its charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47387390