You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Crusher study group

Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
Good Morning,

I am looking to start a study group for winning players looking to improve further by sharing concepts, running over spots using solvers etc and using GTO and exploitative strategy.

I have recently been using the upswing poker and raise your edge courses and realised the importance of bouncing ideas off other winning players as they can challenge your thinking.

If you are interested please let me know in here.

You will need a free SKYPE account in order to be part of the group.

I would also be interested in starting a spin up strategy group also.

Current sky and stars stats

sky p:3449 avg stake: £17.82 roi: 43.7% profit £29,142

stars P:884 avg stake £8.43 roi 119% profit £13,125

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Great idea. My worry is with such a small player pool you end up playing with your allies on the regular.

Also, it's tough to formulate exploitative strategy when you have no hud to tell you where the leaks are.
  • Options

Great idea. My worry is with such a small player pool you end up playing with your allies on the regular.

Also, it's tough to formulate exploitative strategy when you have no hud to tell you where the leaks are.

You can def still exploit population tendencies and the group is really beyond just playing on sky. I’m sure most winning players will play on 4 or 5 sites.

I definitely feel there is something to be gained. I think we as players are delusional if we don’t think the top cash players study together
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Type your comment
    Itsover4u said:

You can def still exploit population tendencies and the group is really beyond just playing on sky. I’m sure most winning players will play on 4 or 5 sites.

I definitely feel there is something to be gained. I think we as players are delusional if we don’t think the top cash players study together
    As long as they don't use Skype whilst playing (cash) - yours paranoid Andrew

• Options
    Alvez11Alvez11 Member Posts: 23
    You need a good knowledgeable coach involved
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    Surprised more people haven't jumped on this, I think it's a great way to improve.
    I would jump at the chance, but for me personally I don't work well in group's and I am not a good people person I have come to learn, so I find for me it's best to work on my own so I stick to that, so it's not something I would be interested in.

But top players here offering to share strategy can only be a good thing imo, people should get involved.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Alvez11 said:

You need a good knowledgeable coach involved

Is that an offer? @Alvez11

You know how much I rate you!

• Options
    JJBinks said:

Surprised more people haven't jumped on this, I think it's a great way to improve.
    I would jump at the chance, but for me personally I don't work well in group's and I am not a good people person I have come to learn, so I find for me it's best to work on my own so I stick to that, so it's not something I would be interested in.

But top players here offering to share strategy can only be a good thing imo, people should get involved.

To be fair mate I have had a few pm’s.

The plan is to mix up the usual discussion and do things slightly different. Things like screen recording an hour of a session etc and talking through the thought process where others can pick up leaks.

More than welcome to join and just input where and when you fancy
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Great idea....and why the best players stay at the top, working on the game and always willing to learn from others.
  • Options
    miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Love the idea and motivation. Me and a few poker friends, couple play on here from time to time, have our little discord chat, talk about hands etc. Me and one of my friends record our sessions but you find you’re only gonna improve close to the level of the best player in the group, and with the sky being a low variance site, with low fields etc I doubt the top regs will be willing to do it for obvious reasons. A top quality coach is needed like alvez said....I’m looking to put a lot more volume in party after uni/end of the year, so I’ll be down for joining
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    miniman88 said:

Love the idea and motivation. Me and a few poker friends, couple play on here from time to time, have our little discord chat, talk about hands etc. Me and one of my friends record our sessions but you find you’re only gonna improve close to the level of the best player in the group, and with the sky being a low variance site, with low fields etc I doubt the top regs will be willing to do it for obvious reasons. A top quality coach is needed like alvez said....I’m looking to put a lot more volume in party after uni/end of the year, so I’ll be down for joining

I mean I agree and I disagree when the high roller german mtt players started non of them were elite they just improved through their own work. A few years later you have players like Fedor Holz and Dominik Nitzsch as a product of the work.

You can also share your libary of work with other players. Training videos, strategy articles etc and then discuss how best to apply them to mtts with no ante (which is a huge difference to other sites)
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    I would like to do something like this surely you have got to improve just by listening to how other players think and play, I'm only a break even player but could learn from players a bit better and from those who are not quite as good.
  • Options
    I suppose even if you didn't learn much you'd at least make more social connections. Considering Sky Poker and the forums best before date might be approaching then any networking will be pretty important.
  • Options
    This group is paying massive dividends across the board! We are a small group only 6 members but last night @chrisdonkb @avix and @jubb clean sweeped the Sunday specials, Main, Mini and £33 - Hard work, graft, and supporting each other through the hard runs and the good runs.

Top lads, great results!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,291
    Itsover4u said:

This group is paying massive dividends across the board! We are a small group only 6 members but last night @chrisdonkb @avix and @jubb clean sweeped the Sunday specials, Main, Mini and £33 - Hard work, graft, and supporting each other through the hard runs and the good runs.

Top lads, great results!

Best thing ever, well done all involved.

It can never be a bad thing to help each other along the way, whether it be poker or real life.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 Honestly i'm very proud of all the boys working hard and striving to be the best we can - If your going to play a game to make money you may as well try to maximise your winnings and minimise the losses!

4 of us on the sharky leaderboards also which is a great result
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    What happened to the crusher study group? Did they end up crushing all of the games?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
    I would worry about sharing exactly how I play with people who I can end up playing against However I really think that sky has a limited shelve life. My issue is after my exams and the summer etc I plan to dive heavily into spin and goes which means I will if things go according to plan mostly say bye to this site.

If you guys can add something to short stack heads up play and short stack 3 handed play I may be interested in joining after my exams either during or after the summer.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    It's a good concept and was interested in joining itsover4u's group a while ago.

He seems a good guy from my limited PM's a while ago with him, sure he said he recently had a kid at the time as well.
  • Options
    Study groups value is capped at the best player. You'll find most just end up with everyone asking the best player what they would do in a spot. Good if you can get it ofc.