You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Unable to Download the Client!!!

So last week i done a hard reset on my laptop as there was a few issues. After it had finished i went onto the sky poker website to download the client again as this was what i prefer using. it said i needed adobe air so i tried downloading that first but was told i already had it on my laptop. I then tried downloading the app but got another error message pop up. Images are as follows.

Anybody that has any idead on how i can correct this so i can get the download client working id be happy to hear from them!!!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Have you cleared your cache?
  • Options
    MrCoxyMrCoxy Member Posts: 234
    Yes i have and that did not work, i tried in internet explorer and that did not work either!!
  • Options
    railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    Did this get sorted? Having same issue.
    £30 for someone who can help me sort this issue in the next hour
  • Options
    railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    Rolled the computer clock back one year and downloaded it fine. (Change the clock back after)
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

Rolled the computer clock back one year and downloaded it fine. (Change the clock back after)

Enjoy your £30
  • Options
    Jovi1959Jovi1959 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone managed to sort this yet as I have just had to replace my laptop and am having exactly the same problem. I have tried on Chrome and IE but get the same result
  • Options
    Jovi1959 said:

Has anyone managed to sort this yet as I have just had to replace my laptop and am having exactly the same problem. I have tried on Chrome and IE but get the same result

Morning @Jovi1959

I can't assist, but I know a few who can, & they'll hopefully be along today with some good advice.

@mumsie

@NoseyBonk

@AnyoneWhoCanAssistPlease
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,376
    edited April 2019
    I dunno.

try some stuff.

Im assuming you've got windows.

goto ADD/REMOVE programs.

You will see adobe AIR there.

Uninstall it.

maybe restart your PC and reinstall adobe air.

You said you did a reset, is the clock and date correct?

@Jovi1959
  • Options
  • Options
    oh, good morning too. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Jovi1959Jovi1959 Member Posts: 2
    I have uninstalled Adobe Air and reinstalled it but still have the same problem that sky poker won't install. Oh and yes I am on Windows 10
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    MrCoxy said:

So last week i done a hard reset on my laptop as there was a few issues. After it had finished i went onto the sky poker website to download the client again as this was what i prefer using. it said i needed adobe air so i tried downloading that first but was told i already had it on my laptop. I then tried downloading the app but got another error message pop up. Images are as follows.

Anybody that has any idead on how i can correct this so i can get the download client working id be happy to hear from them!!!

Having this problem as well, I have fitted a new hard drive in my PC, tried to install client, same message, with my PC basically only having windows at the moment is there anything else I need to install to get it going. cheers.
  • Options
    SUPERNOVASUPERNOVA Member Posts: 403
    rabdeniro said:

MrCoxy said:

Having this problem as well, I have fitted a new hard drive in my PC, tried to install client, same message, with my PC basically only having windows at the moment is there anything else I need to install to get it going. cheers.
    I've got a new PC and I'm getting this error message too if anyone can help!
  • Options
    Im no expert , but happy to try and help.

Try uninstalling Adobe Air then reinstall it and try the download again.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Im no expert , but happy to try and help.

Try uninstalling Adobe Air then reinstall it and try the download again.

It did not work,I even tried it with my firewall off and nothing but thank you mumsie. Looks like a call to the help line.
  • Options
    Which adode version did you download ?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mumsie said:

Which adode version did you download ?

The latest one, 6 times! I also tried 3 browsers and the Firewall! But I do have hopefully the answer via chat and one of the tech guys. Incidentally chat were unaware of the answer to the problem too,but it's getting more and more frequent.

The problem is not us,or Sky it's your internet supplier putting a block on the site. The account holder has to phone up {Virgin in my case} and tell them to remove the block. I remember having this a few years ago when I lived in London. Times have changed but not with ISP's it seems. I can't do anything until I ask my other half to ring Virgin. That is like a red rag to a bull and it might take a while, but when he does and I try again, I'll post here!
  • Options
    SHERIFF-JCSHERIFF-JC Member Posts: 5
    having the same issue here - has anyone got a fix or workaround for this please as using the browser version is a pain (I already tried contacting my service provider and it's nothing from their end apparently) Thanks in advance