You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Pies.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
The average Brit scoffs a whopping 2,160 pies over their adult lifetime, according to a study.
The research, which polled 2,000 adults, found pie enthusiasts consume a huge amount of pastry over the years, chowing down on at least 36 pies every year.

Britain's favourite pies revealed - is your choice in the top 10?

The nation’s favourite pie:
1Beef and Ale
2Apple
3Chicken and Mushroom
4Steak and Kidney
5Lemon Meringue
6Beef mince
7Apple and Blackberry
8Chicken and Leek
9Chicken and ham hock
10Beef and Red Wine

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/foodnews/britains-favourite-pies-revealed-is-your-choice-in-the-top-10/ar-BBUdIiJ?ocid=spartandhp

To mark the occasion Jus-Rol teamed with food artist, Prudence Staite, to create iconic scenes and depictions from around the UK – made entirely from pies.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

It's entirely possible that Jus-Rol & food artist, Prudence Staite have too much time on their hands.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Tikay10 said:

It's entirely possible that Jus-Rol & food artist, Prudence Staite have too much time on their hands.

She deserves an EU arts grant! Oh sorry they won't exist soon..
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    Never Mind all that NO MEAT AND POTATO in the top 10. Wrights, Peters, Hollands, Pukka etc must be screaming fit to bust. Even Pieminister acknowledge the great M n P pie.

Yours in outrage

Mark
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Pork pies not in top 10 😱

I must lead a sheltered life , I’ve never heard of half of these , and no way on earth I’m going into a shop and asking for “A Chicken and Ham Hock pie”

In related news I bought a Pastie this morning from the garage , price? £2.90! I nearly fainted .
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    tomgoodun said:

I must lead a sheltered life , I’ve never heard of half of these , and no way on earth I’m going into a shop and asking for “A Chicken and Ham Hock pie”

In related news I bought a Pastie this morning from the garage , price? £2.90! I nearly fainted .

Brexit.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Brexit.
    No the inflated cost brought about by having to conform to a set of manufacturing / processing models introduced to ensure uniformity of goods accross European Countries.

Even though most of them wouldnt know a pasty from a black pudding.

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    no meat & potato or butter pie is an outrage!!! :D
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Been on this planet a fair few years and never seen a blackberry and apple pie .
    Gotta love these polls .
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047

Been on this planet a fair few years and never seen a blackberry and apple pie .
    Gotta love these polls .

Lovely, and quite popular in Wales.