You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Feral gangs of youngsters ( shocking video)

dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
Boy, 16, arrested after violent video shows gang kicking a 15-year-old in the head

The video shows the youngster being dragged off his bike and into the Mirror Pool while a gang of youths can be seen launching kicks at his head like a football.

West Yorkshire Police said the boy suffered minor injuries.

A lone warden, believed to be employed by Bradford Council, can be seen nearby but apparently does not physically intervene or attempt to stop the attack.

Bradford Council said the 'City Park custodian' informed the CCTV team of the attack and they called police.

Cllr Abdul Jabar, Executive Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety, said the employee behaved "absolutely correctly" and went to the aid of the boy.

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Enquiries have now established this incident occurred at about 4pm on Monday, 24 February.

“A 16-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of assault and later released on bail for enquiries to continue.

“The victim, a 15-year-old male, was treated for minor injuries.

“The victim has not reported the matter as a hate crime.”

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17466947.boy-16-arrested-after-violent-video-shows-gang-kicking-a-15-year-old-in-the-head/?ref=mr&lp=1

Comments

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tale of the times that people are very quick to jump on a post about poker rake ,but have nothing to say about social issues like this . A measly 22 views and no comments.
    This isn't a demographic issue , this behaviour can be seen all around our island .
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You are surprised that on a poker forum people are quick to engage in discussion on a thread about poker rake rather than discuss social issues? Seriously?
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    I think you are the breath of fresh air the "Rail" needed..... steady the ship
    https://youtu.be/FfBwsG8ubFw
    edited March 2019
    MattBates said:

You are surprised that on a poker forum people are quick to engage in discussion on a thread about poker rake rather than discuss social issues? Seriously?

No , I'm not the slightest bit surprised that the majority of poker players aren't interested ( full sarcasm intended )
    fyi , the rail is meant to cover all sorts of stuff , not just poker . Perhaps , have a look around here and tell me how many posts on this forum section are actually about poker .
    I'd also point out that a post about pies has attracted more attention ( and thats on poker chat) ....you can't really make it up !
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

MattBates said:

No , I'm not the slightest bit surprised that the majority of poker players aren't interested ( full sarcasm intended )
    fyi , the rail is meant to cover all sorts of stuff , not just poker . Perhaps , have a look around here and tell me how many posts on this forum section are actually about poker .
    I'd also point out that a post about pies has attracted more attention ( and thats on poker chat) ....you can't really make it up !

That's my bad, apologies.

Moved now.
    Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Moved now.
    Makes no difference to me where it is Tikay ...thats not what my response to Matt was about.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Moved now.
    Makes no difference to me where it is Tikay ...thats not what my response to Matt was about.
    Yes, understand, but it needed moving & I would never have noticed otherwise.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    To be fair, there isnt much to be discussed.
    Its a sickening attack and I doubt anyone really has much to say about it
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    The sad fact is that this behaviour is becoming more of the norm than not.So people are becoming more & more desensitised,when previously shocked by such actions.This happened local to me and it'll just get put down to 'a sign of the times' and be forgotten next week when yet another incident occurs.

edited March 2019
    HENDRIK62 said:

Thanks for your contribution and in-depth thoughts on a serious social issue .
    I didn't post this particular article with the expectation of getting specific comments about it , more to generate a bigger conversation .
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912

HENDRIK62 said:

I didn't post this particular article with the expectation of getting specific comments about it , more to generate a bigger conversation .
    What was the bigger conversation ?

So you throw your virtual toys out of the pram as no one wants to interact with you.

You posted a news story with no comment of your own to deflect away from trolling a well respected players views on rake ( seperate thread ) and mentioned on more.

Seems to be a fairly constant theme with your posts deflect questions no answers basically abuse anyone who disagrees with you.

Cant say I am surprised as I know you from syl thread. Delighted the wider forum can now judge for themselves what sort of person you are.
    edited March 2019

HENDRIK62 said:

So you throw your virtual toys out of the pram as no one wants to interact with you.

You posted a news story with no comment of your own to deflect away from trolling a well respected players views on rake ( seperate thread ) and mentioned on more.

Seems to be a fairly constant theme with your posts deflect questions no answers basically abuse anyone who disagrees with you.

Cant say I am surprised as I know you from syl thread. Delighted the wider forum can now judge for themselves what sort of person you are.
    And out of the woodwork crawls something nasty .
    Let's cut straight to the chase here , you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum , occasionally you crawl out of your hiding place and post something so embarrassing , it's pitiful .
    The last time was a genius rail post directed at a certain person , basically telling him to leave you alone ....pure genius .
    Not interested in conversing with you anymore , so finish off your bottle and find someone else to troll .

HENDRIK62 said:

Let's cut straight to the chase here , you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum , occasionally you crawl out of your hiding place and post something so embarrassing , it's pitiful .
    The last time was a genius rail post directed at a certain person , basically telling him to leave you alone ....pure genius .
    Not interested in conversing with you anymore , so finish off your bottle and find someone else to troll .
    Ah bless can't dispute anything I said so try to put me down.
    Calling me a troll is beyond desperate as everyone apart from your fellow syl followers will take take as nonsense.

What do you exactly contribute to the forum ?

What bottle ?

Doesn't take much for you to show your true colours ; )

edited March 2019

HENDRIK62 said:

HENDRIK62 said:

LOL

Surely the forum authority on spelling and quoting hasn't in its haste made a mistake .
    edited March 2019

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400

HENDRIK62 said:

LOL

Surely the forum authority on spelling and quoting hasn't in its haste made a mistake .
    It's it's not its....just joking, honest!!