You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** 2019 TIM CARTER HEADS UP CUP ** WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS! RSPCA12 V PKRPAR. GL BOTH! **

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    @PKRPar Will be around a fair amount this week. If you tell me what times you'll be around and maybe I can find you or you can find me sometime (preferably when I'm not multi-tabling a load of games)
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,235
    @FeelGroggy can play pretty much all of tonight or Sunday morning if that is any good? :)
  • Options
    Think I'm gonna go for high leader-board finish for the Vegas promo so non peak times when games sparcer be better. I generally sleep in till 1.30 2ish and then play. so maybe around then be good
  • Options

Think I'm gonna go for high leader-board finish for the Vegas promo so non peak times when games sparcer be better. I generally sleep in till 1.30 2ish and then play. so maybe around then be good

No worries dude. I think the other semi final hasn't been played yet so no rush :) GL in Vegas hunting.
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    hi @thisltedu I will around all day today and after 5pm tom.
  • Options
    thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
    I can play tonight Chris. is 8.30 OK?
  • Options
    Or 9.00 Chris. @rspca12
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    y 9pm is gd
  • Options
    Great I'll reg at 9.00.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited March 2019
    thisltedu said:

Great I'll reg at 9.00.

Cracking match this should be!

Best of five again.

Best of luck to you both, will be railing when I can. Although I have a lot of tables going.
  • Options
    We're on.
  • Options
    Well played Chris @rspca12 Worthy winner 3 - 1. Good luck in the final.
  • Options
    @PKRPar I intend to be on tomorrow morning/ early afternoon. Hit me up at the tables if your about.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited March 2019

@PKRPar I intend to be on tomorrow morning/ early afternoon. Hit me up at the tables if your about.

@FeelGroggy @PKRPar hopefully you will get this arranged soon. Please post on here when you intend to play so that people can rail.

Also @rspca12 Chris, congrats on reaching the final, yet again! Good luck to the defending champ!

Any chance you can do the same as last year and video it? Would also be great if your opponent (whomever that may be) can do the same, so we can see both sides of the story. It could be useful for guys to see how you top pro's think)

P.S. @Tikay10 I know you are a "grammar" man, am I right to use "whomever" above, or should it be "whoever" Looking online, I think I got it wrong, as it is a "he"not "him", suggesting whoever would have been correct.

So should it be, whoever in the above, but whomever if I were to say, "Chris will have a tough match against whomever the other finalist is." Is that a correct use of whomever?

Thanks in advance for the grammar lesson. :=)

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,351
    StayOrGo said:

@FeelGroggy @PKRPar hopefully you will get this arranged soon. Please post on here when you intend to play so that people can rail.

Also @rspca12 Chris, congrats on reaching the final, yet again! Good luck to the defending champ!

Any chance you can do the same as last year and video it? Would also be great if your opponent (whomever that may be) can do the same, so we can see both sides of the story. It could be useful for guys to see how you top pro's think)

P.S. @Tikay10 I know you are a "grammar" man, am I right to use "whomever" above, or should it be "whoever" Looking online, I think I got it wrong, as it is a "he"not "him", suggesting whoever would have been correct.

So should it be, whoever in the above, but whomever if I were to say, "Chris will have a tough match against whomever the other finalist is." Is that a correct use of whomever?

I'd be asking Chris for the grammar lesson....or whoever he ends up playing
  • Options
    @FeelGroggy I’ll be online tomorrow night at any point if that assists? Or Thursday after 10 :)
  • Options
    @PKRPar Yeah I'll be on we can try and squeeze it in.
  • Options
    If you around within the next hourish and can reply on here I'm game, otherwise some time tonight maybe
  • Options
    At work just now mate but will be on tonight :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,839
    StayOrGo said:

Hi Graham @StayOrGo

With questions like that, you'll give me a bad rep for being a grammar pedant. And in truth, I am, even though I'm not great myself, but I try to hide my angst at awful grammar. Some things I see on here derive me nuts, but I have to bite my tongue.

Anyway, whoever/whomever.

That's quite an awkward one. As a rule of thumb, if it looks right, it probably is. In this case, I was struggling to explain it clearly, so I enlisted the aid of Dr Google;

Whoever
    Whoever is a subjective pronoun: It describes an unknown person who performs an action. Take this example from Creating the National Pastime: Baseball Transforms Itself by G. Edward White: “Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball.” Here, the pronoun performs the action wants, so whoever is the correct choice.

Whomever
    The pronoun whomever is the objective case of whoever. This means whomever can only be used either with a preposition (e.g. to, for, or about) or with a verb (an action word) that requires a direct object. Take, for example, “She plays her guitar for whomever.” The use of the preposition for indicates that whomever is necessary here.