You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Beaned.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
Comedian James Acaster 'found out his girlfriend Louise Ford, 36, had dumped him for Rowan Atkinson, 64, by reading it in the newspaper'

Comedian James Acaster has revealed he found out his girlfriend Louise Ford had dumped him for Rowan Atkinson by reading it in the newspaper.
Having been an item with Louise, 36, for two years, James, 34, opened The Sun On Sunday on weekend to discover the news - which happened after Louise became close to Rowan, 64, during a play they did together.
'I got left for Mr Bean,' James said during a stand-up routine this week. 'I found out a year after we split up. I opened the newspaper and there was a full-page story. No one else in the history of time has ever been left for Mr Bean.'

'Until you get left for Mr Bean, you don’t realise how frequently he pops up. There’s a shop two streets from my house that sells masks of his face. There’s nowhere where I’m going to go that he’s not there.'

James went on: 'I'm a **** saint to have kept this in the back pocket so long. It’s my job to say things that are funny and the funniest thing that’s ever happened to anyone, happened to me and I put it on the back-burner out of respect.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/comedian-james-acaster-found-out-his-girlfriend-louise-ford-36-had-dumped-him-for-rowan-atkinson-64-by-reading-it-in-the-newspaper/ar-BBUjm5J?ocid=spartandhp

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    Calls himself a comedian>
    Surely it is:-

I have written her out of my life. As far as I am concerned, she is a has-bean. :)
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,820
    He is a very funny man. James Acaster.

I've seen.him have other good comedians in stitches.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    mumsie said:

He is a very funny man. James Acaster.

I've seen.him have other good comedians in stitches.

Rowan Atkinson, for a start.
    Not knocking James Acaster-just he appears to have missed an open goal.
    Yes, when I first read what you put, I thought you were quoting Jams Alcaster.

Now I see it's all your own work . Which puts you up there imo.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    mumsie said:

Yes, when I first read what you put, I thought you were quoting Jams Alcaster.

Now I see it's all your own work . Which puts you up there imo.

Agreed, funny but don't give up the day job, Phil....oh sorry you already have!
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,834
    Never understood the popularity of Mr Bean, a quick double tap would do the business. I know the show had and I believe, still has , a massive following worldwide. Just like Frank Spencer it is a “ comedy “ I find unfunny.
    Edmund Blackadder on the other hand was a fantastic comedy character.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    He didn't seem that cut up over it.
    He had bean.