You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

just one of these things, or bad play?

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
In the main on Friday night. Was building a stack and villain was loose. Just one of those things or bad play by me? Trying to figure out how you know if its still the right ply and just unlucky, or if I need to change my play.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Super_OliSmall blind200.00200.0026003.50
luckme002Big blind400.00600.008424.50
Your hole cards
  • J
  • A
PKRParRaise800.001400.0015363.50
Kidpoke450Fold
keczmoFold
xCall800.002200.0019520.00
Super_OliFold
luckme002Call400.002600.008024.50
Flop
  • A
luckme002Check
PKRParBet1032.003632.0014331.50
xCall1032.004664.0018488.00
luckme002Fold
Turn
PKRParBet2211.006875.0012120.50
xRaise6754.0013629.0011734.00
PKRParAll-in12120.5025749.500.00
xCall7577.5033327.004156.50
PKRParShow
  • J
  • A
xShow
River
xWinFlush to the Ace33327.0037483.50

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    You got it all in as a 79% fav. Cant complain about that.

What hand are you putting him on? IF you got him on a flush draw im betting bigger on turn.

As played its just one of those things.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    Just unlucky.

Neither of you were folding after that flop, and you were a big favourite to win.

It's the call you want. Except when it gets there.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

What hand are you putting him on? IF you got him on a flush draw im betting bigger on turn.

I just knew he didn’t have the A or the 6. Didn’t realise it was 79% so suppose it is just one of those things. And like you say, maybe a larger turn bet.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    PKRPar said:

K0BAYASHl said:

I just knew he didn’t have the A or the 6. Didn’t realise it was 79% so suppose it is just one of those things. And like you say, maybe a larger turn bet.
    Am not entirely sure you should bet bigger. Surely we WANT him to come along, so we get max value most of the time?

The proper MTT boys, some of whom are younger than me, might say otherwise of course, and I'd bow to their better knowledge.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    PKRPar said:

K0BAYASHl said:

How did you know?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Jac35 said:

PKRPar said:

K0BAYASHl said:

How did you know?
    Can read his mind.

Nah he was playing super loose and obviously I couldn’t be 100% sure but I go the feeling that the A was good with the J kicker.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Feels like these types of posts where hero gets in their chips with high equity but get rivered are more for seeking validation in being unlucky or villain playing their hand badly as opposed to truly wondering it was a bad play. It feels like these hands don't make it on the forum when villain does this but misses river. If villain had ended up showing trip sixes this post would feel much more genuine, especially as you claim to have a strong feeling he didn't have the 6. It would be more beneficial for you to post hands you are truly unsure about to gain more from it.

Villains line does actually feel really strong here and I would wager most the time the average player on sky who does this has the trip 6's that they are representing. As played vs an unknown i would feel concerned as you on the turn, his line does feel strong. With your knowledge of how this particular player plays and feelings he is capable of putting chips in light with draws (or maybe randomly doing this with a weaker ace), putting your chips in is going to be fine, if your perceptions are accurate.
  • Options

Feels like these types of posts where hero gets in their chips with high equity but get rivered are more for seeking validation in being unlucky or villain playing their hand badly as opposed to truly wondering it was a bad play. It feels like these hands don't make it on the forum when villain does this but misses river. If villain had ended up showing trip sixes this post would feel much more genuine, especially as you claim to have a strong feeling he didn't have the 6. It would be more beneficial for you to post hands you are truly unsure about to gain more from it.

Villains line does actually feel really strong here and I would wager most the time the average player on sky who does this has the trip 6's that they are representing. As played vs an unknown i would feel concerned as you on the turn, his line does feel strong. With your knowledge of how this particular player plays and feelings he is capable of putting chips in light with draws (or maybe randomly doing this with a weaker ace), putting your chips in is going to be fine, if your perceptions are accurate.

probably not wrong lol.