You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

7 Marathons in 7 Days Challenge

JacquesbJacquesb Member Posts: 10
edited March 2019 in Poker Chat
Hi Sky Poker people!

My name is Jacques Bernard (Jacquesb), and I was just wondering if any of you guys would be interested in my challenge that I am doing for Charity.
In 2015, some of you may remember that I cycled from Rome2Home, which was cycling 1400 miles in 14 days with 19 other friends and family from Rome to Bournemouth. I did this in memory of my Brother, who passed away in a car crash in 2005. We set up a sports charity to help amazing sporting causes in the South of England, and have since gone on to raise over £400,000 and helped over 200 projects over 62 different sports. When I did this challenge, the lovely Larson7 put a post on the discussions to help promote my event and some of you guys sponsored me which I was very grateful for.

A few years down the line, and I am partaking on my next stupid challenge: Running 7 Marathons in 7 Days.

On April 14th, I am taking on my toughest physical challenge ever to run 7 marathons in 7 days, trying to raise as much money as possible for my Brother’s Charity, The Steve Bernard Foundation. My Brother was a massive Wolves fan and so I decided that why not run from the Wolves football stadium down to Bournemouth?! Coincidentally, the distance from Wolverhampton to Bournemouth equates to the equivalent of 6 marathons, and then a final marathon around Bournemouth and Poole would make this 7 marathons in total.

This challenge is going to push me to my limits both physically and mentally, so if you have any spare change you can donate then I would be hugely grateful! The struggle will be real and I know that it’ll all be worth it when the money raised will go to such worthwhile sporting causes. Thank you so much for your support!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JacquesBernard

www.stevebernardfoundation.com

The journey goes as follows:

Marathon 1: Wolverhampton to Worcester

Marathon 2: Worcester to Cheltenham

Marathon 3: Cheltenham to Cirencester

Marathon 4: Cirencester to Marlborough

Marathon 5: Marlborough to Salisbury

Marathon 6: Salisbury to Christchurch

Marathon 7: Christchurch - Poole - Bournemouth

Total distance: 184.9 miles

Any support, whether donating to my challenge, or whether some well wishes on here or when I am donking people on the online felt is all muchly appreciated.

Thank you and if you would like to know anything more about my challenge or would like to join on my route for 5/10km or half marathon if I am running near to you then please let me know and would love any support!!

Thank you

Jacques

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Evening Jacques,

All the very best with your challenge and the fundraising.

Some amount of money has already been raised for such a good cause; quite inspirational.

I'll donate in the next day or so.

Good luck!
  • Options
    JacquesbJacquesb Member Posts: 10
    LARSON7 said:

Evening Jacques,

All the very best with your challenge and the fundraising.

Some amount of money has already been raised for such a good cause; quite inspirational.

I'll donate in the next day or so.

Good luck!

Hi Kev!

Thanks a lot, we keep trying to raise funds for some amazing sporting causes in memory of my Brother.

Appreciate that you will donate, thank you again!

Also, sorry I didn't talk the other night on the table, i was on my phone so didnt have the opportunity!

Hope all is well and the tables are treating you well!

Hopefully catch up soon

Jacques
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Morning Jacques,

Doing really well thanks, i'll catch up with you the next time we share a MTT table.

That's me sponsored you , hopefully before your event a few other of the kind Sky community will sponsor you too.

All the very best with the series of marathons and good on you for all your hard work and effort.
  • Options
    jlgcusanjlgcusan Member Posts: 1
    Amazing effort Jacques, I have sponsored you. Hopefully many others on Sky can use some of their money that I have donated to them to sponsor you!