You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How about an effin and jeffin thread

Just a thought but why cant we have a thread where we can go after a monster beat or a huge downswing where we can blow off steam, swear, rant and generally let rip without fear of falling foul of the mods.

The thread could be accessed only after users accept that there may be content that could cause some people offence (Im not talking about anything illegal) and that way users understand that theres gonna be f bombs c bombs and probably the odd golly gosh oh dearie me scattered about.

Or is it only me that has to scream into a convenient towel from time to time.

Yours in poker

Mark

Comments

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    While I personally wouldn't mind, I don't think it'd be a good move from Sky's POV. Few issues:

1) What would the Gambling Commission stance be on a site allowing a 'de-tilt' thread where players could rant then jump straight back into the game rather than walking away from the game for the evening?

2) There's always at least one person who is bound to take the contents of such a thread personally, particularly as the community is relatively small.

3) It goes against the 'friendly' community message that Sky would like to sell to their players.

If this were a post on 2+2, my reply would be totally different as they won't have the Gambling Commission to consider, and it's not going to potentially cost them players (and their rake, sports betting action etc) if someone gets butthurt by such a thread. It might even get a few people to log onto 2+2 just to have a moan.

But for Sky, it's probably not worth the hassle.