You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A shoutout to the regs

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
Ive played poker for a number of years, ive seen just about everything there is to see in a chat box especially at lower levels.

Having returned from a while away at the tables the other day i seen something ive never ever seen before.

It started off all normal, standard Nl4 table couple of regs and a few others. A space opened up and someone jouned with a very unorthodox style. Every spot that opened up was filled with another reg. Eventually this player ended up with 0 on the table but politely thanked everyone for a fun game.

This is the point where I want to say this was top drawer every single reg on that table stayed playing each other until the player stood, but more than that they all interacted with that player in the chat regardless of how many tables they were playing. It was just a full show of respect all around, no abuse no please come back or top up just a number of people talking friendly with someone who'd came to the table for abit of fun.

It stands out to me as one of the nicest things ive ever seen in a chat box and just want to say well done to those involved.

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Nice story. I've been playing £5 spin ups all week and lost count of the number of death threats I've had.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Nice one Don it's great that you put summit positive on the forum regarding poker you won't get much response tho people only want to read negativity and controversy but well done bro
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Nice post @The_Don90 and good to see. Could you ever imagine that happening on a table at Stars?!

There are of course a good number of idiots still knocking about as @kapowblamz noted. Then again, if I'd played as many £5 Spin Ups as he has these last two weeks, I'd probably have ended up sending myself death threats!
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    The worst guys are the ones who mock the big donators. There's a guy who just basically shoves any 2. He's obviously just having some fun in his spare time but every time he's there he gets ripped apart and abused and then told to 'reload' over and over.

These **** hats are totally convinced they are at Phil Ivey's level after taking some of the victims dough.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    I was playing a £5 BH on Sunday evening. @Toddster1 was dishing out some needle at my first table and I gave some back. All good natured and fun.

He came back and chatted as an observer on the final table and after initially questioning how I made it there (fair question :smile: ) we had a nice little chat about all kinds of stuff.

I love a bit of chat at the table. Friendly stuff, needling the needlers, trolling regs etc. It all adds to the fun of the game. I'd rather play two tables that are chatty than four-six tables where there is no action in the chat box.

Fire those death threats at me. Tell me how dreadful I am at the game. Also, chat to me about sport, politics, poker anything at all that takes your interest. Anything goes as far as I'm concerned. Just make the chat box keep ticking over.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    Of course the irony is that the regs in the first post were doing exactly what was needed to make the most money out of the unorthadox player. Rather than berating him/talking down to him/abusing him which was likely to make him leave early, they kept it friendly and chatty and kept him at the table as long as possible.

Altruism or maximizing profit? You decide!

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Enut said:

Of course the irony is that the regs in the first post were doing exactly what was needed to make the most money out of the unorthadox player. Rather than berating him/talking down to him/abusing him which was likely to make him leave early, they kept it friendly and chatty and kept him at the table as long as possible.

Altruism or maximizing profit? You decide!

That’s what I was thinking, it’s when they say UL every time he loses big pot. As if to say UL, try again lol.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Regs (or indeed anyone) who abuse losing players - most who are just trying to have a bit of fun in a game they enjoy - are the lowest of the low :/
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481

Regs (or indeed anyone) who abuse losing players - most who are just trying to have a bit of fun in a game they enjoy - are the lowest of the low :/

@goldnballz
    You talk a lot of sense for a Burnley fan
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Jac35 said:

@goldnballz
    You talk a lot of sense for a Burnley fan
    Didn't realise Keith was a Burnley fan FFS..
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Abusing burnley fans is a totally different matter.....

:D