You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Final hand of last man standing

engyengy Member Posts: 723
Good evening, just like to hear peoples thoughts on the final hand of the last man standing match I just played vs Nutter5932. winner got Vegas package runner up got 400 pounds, all for free entry how good is that? my personal thoughts here were we had been playing for an hour and there is no way i am going to outplay Nutter as he is a far superior H/up player so I think ive got to take a chance at a flip when the opportunity comes up so im happy with how I played it. I just wondered how others view it or what they would have done in same position. Thanks to sky for the opportunity of nearly getting a free trip to vegas and good luck to Ben hope you get the lot bud.

Nutter5932 Small blind 40.00 40.00 10345.00
engy Big blind 80.00 120.00 9535.00
Your hole cards
A

Nutter5932 Raise 120.00 240.00 10225.00
engy Raise 320.00 560.00 9215.00
Nutter5932 Raise 1280.00 1840.00 8945.00
engy Call 1040.00 2880.00 8175.00
Flop

engy Check
Nutter5932 Bet 800.00 3680.00 8145.00
engy All-in 8175.00 11855.00 0.00
Nutter5932 Call 7375.00 19230.00 770.00
Nutter5932 Show
K
K
engy Show
A
Turn

River

Nutter5932 Win Pair of Kings 19230.00 20000.00

Comments

• Options
    don't think hand has posted right not sure how to do it :)
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    as i am playing my A game tonight i feel i can comment.

Pre flop is a call at best, and the hand is certainly never a flip, is a6 in the top 50% of hands
    Not even sure its a raise from the small blind given the stack depth.

Thats all i have and its probably all wrong i don't play HU
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    You can't see the suits above but engy had A6cc, & the flop had 2 clubs

As played I don't mind your check raise all-in, vs KK you're not far off 50/50 & you're always gona have a decentish % to win, if we are called at all.

If you feel your opponent has an edge on you I think it's even more fine to get it in.

Unlucky.
  • Options
    In that case I'm moving all in.

But still not calling the 3 bet pre.
  • Options
    Thanks for comments yes it was A6CC VS KCKH FLOP 10,5,2,CCX THINK IT WAS 56% Nutter 44% me. if I can work out how I will try to post proper HH
  • Options
    unlucky btw
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    In terms of 3b pre/calling the 4b a lot of this depends on the flow of the match and how often pots are 3b/4b.
    If you feel opponent has a big edge then you are playing it correct in terms of trying to play big pots as Ben will want to play small pots.
  • Options
    Yes I agree Matt, I felt I was kinda holding my own in the small pots while the blinds were small but I felt as blinds go up Ben has a bigger edge in outplaying me H/U and it doesn't take much to then be in a 3 to 1 deficit and he doesn't make many mistakes for me to then need two or 3 all ins to win. So while we were just about level I was looking for a flip situation to get it in and hope to get lucky. Happy how it played out apart from result of course 😀
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

"....my personal thoughts here were we had been playing for an hour and there is no way i am going to outplay Nutter as he is a far superior H/up player so I think ive got to take a chance at a flip when the opportunity comes up so im happy with how I played it...."

I think you read the situation perfectly, & did exactly the right thing. Bit unlucky to run into a hand like that, but you were still flipping post-flop.

Shame either of you had to lose, would have been great to see you both in Vegas, but very pleased for Ben who is a good lad & been here a very long time.
  • Options
    Cheers Tikay would have loved to have made it, always next year 😀
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    coo1-um said:

as i am playing my A game tonight i feel i can comment.

Pre flop is a call at best, and the hand is certainly never a flip, is a6 in the top 50% of hands
    Not even sure its a raise from the small blind given the stack depth.

Thats all i have and its probably all wrong i don't play HU

It's not just a call at best we have to be way more expansive than that. sometimes this spot will be a slam dunk 3 bet or a slam dunk call - dependent on how the opponent is playing.

As for the flop I think I would prefer a 3 bet (even if you plan to call it off) - when you jam you are basically telling him what you have. Your not jamming any sets, you are three betting 2 pairs etc etc - 3b looks way stronger and any good hu reg would pick you off there.

Unlucky on the package but played great to get to the final
  • Options
    Hi @Itsover4u great insight there, I know if I was playing H/U live there I would've definitely 3b where id have a bit more time to think and get the sizing right and generally think the hand out more. But online the clock was ticking down
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    Only just seen this Mattbates pointed me in this direction as i went on a stag do about 4 hours after winning the package and only got back yesterday night. Well done on getting to the final engy it was a decent battle for the hour.

From your point of view i don't mind the general thought process of trying to get me to flip for it because i did not want to flip for it even in the last hand as i wanted to play smaller pots and grind out a bigger advantage with my experience playing heads up. It takes a non egotistical person to admit someones better than them at certain things so you planned to play in a way which benefited you which i admire and will see you do well in the future because ego has bust much better players than my self.

Pre flop though i think your hand is a fold once i four bet because i think i four bet once before this hand and you might have folded pre so i was not doing it enough for you to call with that particular hand. I was however 3 betting a quite significant amount and you was peeling pretty wide especially with suited hands. A6cc is not ahead of much on many flops to a 4 bet and could easily be crushed by lets say ak/aq maybe aj and ofc pairs > 66 so yes i guess a nut flush draw is the best you can hope for if you wanted to flip for it if your jam gets called.

on a side note i was also watching you play in the freeroll at the same time as we was playing but i would not recommend playing 2 different forms of poker at the same time even if you was probably focusing more on the heads up match it probably does affect certain decisions flicking from 6 max ranges to heads up ranges every 15 seconds unless your very experienced playing both [which you may be]. Happy to answer anything regarding the match though.
  • Options
    @Nutter5932 , Morning Ben thank you for taking the time to reply here. Looking back at the hand now I agree calling the 4 bet is not a good play, I think at the time I had just got back up to nearly level stacks after you being ahead and i just thought you were starting to play a bit more aggressively/ moving up a gear to get the lead back and I've panicked a bit 😁 And I probably got the best flop I could have hoped for.
    Also agree about playing the rewards free roll at the same time I'd just auto registered earlier forgetting it would clash, I was basically taking no notice of it and just clicking buttons and concentrating on our game, funny thing is after our game I got runner up in that as well 🤣.
    Best of luck in Vegas mate I really hope you get the lot
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Great posts from both players and as a newbie, I’m learning a lot of how you think at crucial times..Gl Gl