You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Close Bounty Spots

Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
Hi All,

Please could I get some advice on two close bounty spots from last nights play. I have been trying to study BH recently but still feel I am unsure on a few of the closer spots.

Hand 1:
First level of tourny. Guy with 0 bounties shoves for just over 23bb but also only 1/3 starting stack and so bounty is worth more than the 20bb would indicate. I folded but think this is close with my hand 98s.

98s
UTG Summers119 Raise 90.00 135.00 2150.00
HJ Bokonon Fold
CO jeffreya17 Call 90.00 225.00 1910.00
BU COBWEBSJ All-in 710.00 935.00
SB deano0492 Fold
BB BigDane Fold
Summers119 Fold

Hand 2:
Final 3 tables where 6 cash. I have a average stack of 5,500. Big blind is 300, guy with 2 starting bounties secured shoves for just over 15bb. I fold here but I think I should rejam for bounty with my hand upon reflection.

QJs
HJ SMARTGOAT 2min bounties All-in 4712.50 5162.50 0.00
CO Summers119 Fold (5500)
BU Tink710 Fold
SB Vezwa Fold
BB Thurpan_ Fold

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Not an expert - have taken pretty much all of my strategy from twitch streams! But my 2 cents:

Hand 1 - think this might be an any 2 spot to call closing the action. Starting bounty worth over a third of a starting stack so add about 700 chips equity wise for a call - 98s does pretty well as is so think its a call.

Hand 2 - Much closer I think - here we are absolutely crippled tourney wise if we lose. A lot depends on shover's range - in general think sky population is too tight in shoving, plus we have to fade the overcalls behind us. I'd fold too.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Everyone is different. Not a "right" way to play hands, and always player/size of Bounty dependant.

For me? Hand 1 is a definite fold. Hand 2 is close, but with 3 players behind, leaning towards a fold..
  • Options
    jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    Fold both unless I am really up against it and not confident in picking up chips
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Essexphil said:

Everyone is different. Not a "right" way to play hands, and always player/size of Bounty dependant.

For me? Hand 1 is a definite fold. Hand 2 is close, but with 3 players behind, leaning towards a fold..

Agree with Phil. I think one issue is you can justify calls however we need to also assess the effect on our stack if we lose which effects our ability to go deep in the tournament and to also get additional bounties.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Think we fold hand 1 imo its just not strong enough here.

Hand 2 is a little more open to a call / rejam but how often is villain shoving with worse and if we do give action here are we giving those still to act odds to call with marginal hands and then running us down? Maybe a call if last to act but here I think we fold.
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Thank you all for the feedback, very helpful!