You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

can we add more plo8 bounty hunter tournaments please

lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited May 2019
    Sky tried more plo8 bounty hunter games in the past but they struggled to hit the guarantee not sure they would try it again.

We had a £11 plo8 bounty hunter at 21:15 that struggled sky changed it to a £5.50 at 20:30 that also struggled. Also had a £33 plo8 bounter hunter every Sunday but that was also axed due to low numbers.
  • Options
    just seen there used to be a league maybe bring that back
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,918
    edited May 2019
    lfccarl said:

A league For PLO8 Bounty Hunter MTT's?

Remind me please @lfccarl , I'm struggling to remember that.

Don't have any objections to anyone running Leagues for anything, & if there's enough demand, I'm sure I can persuade Sky Poker to come up with a few prizes.

I can't assist with adding MTT's to the schedule though, that's way above my pay grade, and as @safc71 said, it was tried before but there was no significant demand & it just ended up costing Sky Poker money via overlay.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Don't have any objections to anyone running Leagues for anything, & if there's enough demand, I'm sure I can persuade Sky Poker to come up with a few prizes.

I can't assist with adding MTT's to the schedule though, that's way above my pay grade, and as @safc71 said, it was tried before but there was no significant demand & it just ended up costing Sky Poker money via overlay.
    Didn't Markycash run it? 2ish years ago?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Ahh yes, you are right I think. Think he ran it & won it. ;)

I'll try & look it up tomorrow, to see if there is anything we can do.

Always happy to support Community-run Comps & leagues, as you know, but they have to wash their face.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Ahh yes, you are right I think. Think he ran it & won it. ;)

I'll try & look it up tomorrow, to see if there is anything we can do.

Always happy to support Community-run Comps & leagues, as you know, but they have to wash their face.
    Where is he these days? Are you still in touch with him? He was a top man, I assume he is busy with his job.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, despite Markycash's efforts I'm pretty sure that many of the BH's still struggled.
  • Options

Yes, they struggled badly, & Sky lost a good few bob on them. Not for lack of effort on anyone's part though.

I still exchange e-Mails with him from time to time though. Top, top, bloke, but real-life got in the way of poker. He's doing just great though, that's the main thing.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/135906/f-o-s-p-thursday-night-omaha-hi-lo-league/p1
  • Options
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/135906/f-o-s-p-thursday-night-omaha-hi-lo-league/p1

I don't think they were Bounty Hunters, they were just regular PLO8 MTT's.

If you can find enough runners, (at least as many as last time) & someone to run it, I'll try & find a few little prizes.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,352
    I would love this to run again. They were definitely Bounty Hunters-nice try.

The weekly £22 PLO8 never really took off. Perhaps a daily £11 PLO8BH, around 20:15 or 20:45, with a £300 guarantee, might work? The league could be a weekly for 2 MTTs, a £3.30/5.50 or a £5.50/11.

Would love to see some more PLO8 on here.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I would love this to run again. They were definitely Bounty Hunters-nice try.

The weekly £22 PLO8 never really took off. Perhaps a daily £11 PLO8BH, around 20:15 or 20:45, with a £300 guarantee, might work? The league could be a weekly for 2 MTTs, a £3.30/5.50 or a £5.50/11.

Would love to see some more PLO8 on here.

They were BH's? Fair enough.

If someone wants to run it daily, & can round up enough runners, I'll try & find a few little prizes.

It needs "sensible" numbers though, & someone prepared to Update it every day. I can't currently commit the time to it I'm sorry to say.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited May 2019
    The Thursday league was 2x£1 games,1x£2 game & 1x£5 game.
    None of them were BH's which made them proper games.
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

The Thursday league was 2x£1 games,1x£2 game & 1x£5 game.
    None of them were BH's which made them proper games.

Ahh, I thought as much. Thanks Mr E.
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited May 2019
    As i recall there were two plo8 leagues when i first joined Sky poker there was :-

1) FOSP night (friends of sky poker) that was run by @churchy18 on Thursday nights that was a non bounty hunter mtt league just as @eon1961 has stated.

2)Then @markycash set up a plo8 bounty hunter league you got points for making the final table on the 19:15 and the 20:30 games. I loved that format had some great battles with @Catsnap @pomfrittes @tomgoodun @Enut and many of the plo8 regulars.

• Options

Ha.

So everyone is correct. Sort of.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,828
    lfccarl said:

Does this request have anything to do with you telling me you picked up 22 head prizes in one the other day? :smiley:
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

lfccarl said:

Does this request have anything to do with you telling me you picked up 22 head prizes in one the other day? :smiley:
    Ha, nothing wrong with a bit of chirping.

He's won 2 in the last 2 days to be fair, so WP him.
  • Options
    if we can all agree on a format im happy to run it
  • Options
    im tracking all the results anyway for my own info so not much extra work for be to do