You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

weekly plo8 omaha hi lo tournament league

Comments

• Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    @tikay10 any news on more plo8 tournament
  • Options
  • Options
    as you all can see i keep asking for more tournaments and still no reply been message as well even message sky on facebook and twitter and still no one has come back to me so if i get no reply soon i will stop the league as i am only do it for more tournaments
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    To be fair, @Tikay10 and the people who make these decisions are currently in Vegas.

Probably quite busy and several hours behind us.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited June 2019

To be fair, @Tikay10 and the people who make these decisions are currently in Vegas.

Probably quite busy and several hours behind us.

Correct. I would add that I don't make these decisions, I simply act as an intermediary, or message carrier.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited June 2019
    lfccarl said:

as you all can see i keep asking for more tournaments and still no reply been message as well even message sky on facebook and twitter and still no one has come back to me so if i get no reply soon i will stop the league as i am only do it for more tournaments

Hi @lfccarl

First up, I don't use Facebook, & whilst I do use Twitter - mainly as a viewer rather than an active Tweeter - I've not seen anything from you on Twitter, & I don't know your Twitter handle.

I did see the Forum PM Message you sent, but as it was also sent to two Sky Poker Mangers who are more senior than me, it was not my place to reply, I defer to their seniority. If you had written to me alone I would have replied. I reply to ALL PM's sent to me.

Then, yesterday, I saw the 2 Senior Managers at SPT Las Vegas where, to be fair, they were busy with other more pressing matters. I mentioned it to them both, but never got a definitive reply.

I have no power at all to introduce additional Tournaments. I do know from personal experience that when we have requested & got additional PLO8 MTT's in the past they have not been adequately supported. And when additional MTT's of a low interest format (PLO8) are added, all it often does is spread the thin liquidity even further, meaning less runners per MTT.

As it happens, I'm an avid fan of PLO8, (I'm here in Vegas to play PLO8 MTT's including 3 in the WSOP), which, along with PLO & Big O are the ONLY games I play. I, along with a whole bunch of others, spent 4 or 5 years here revving up PLO8 interest, & we did so quite successfully. However, our method was to prove the demand first, & then seek the extra MTT's. I remain convinced that is the correct way. We raised interest, got extra traffic, & could prove it.

We must remember that just because you & I and a minority of others enjoy PLO8, that does not mean everyone does.

I commend you for your efforts, I really do, but it's a bit soon to be pointing a gun at Sky Poker by threatening to give up.

What I CAN do is arrange for prizes in the way of Free Entries to Community run leagues & competitions. I have what amounts to a "budget" for these things, & don't need to seek permission to do so, as long as I stay within budget. I do have to spend that money sensibly & effectively though. And as well over 99% of site traffic is NLH, that's where most of the prizes have to go.

So if & when I can see that your League - which you have worked hard to run - is actually having an effect, I'd certainly try to find a few little Prizes (Free Entries). As this stage, I don't see the evidence, but I'm open to persuasion.

When we ran these things previously - the ones by Markycash & churchy were great examples - part of the deal was that those who wanted to be involved HAD to pre-register on the Forum personally. Then we could SEE that it was driving activity.

With the present set-up, there will be players winning prizes that they don't even know they are competing for. That makes no business or Community sense.

Get the players to pre-register on the Forum, monitor the numbers daily & weekly for a month to prove (or otherwise) that it's driving extra interest, & I'm sure we can look at a) some Prizes & b) extre PLO8 MTT's. If extra PLO8 MTT's are added now, all it's going to do is spread the woefully thin PLO8 liquidity even thinner. So at this stage I won't be asking the Suits to add extra PLO8 games. If you wish to write to them again, that's fine by me of course.

All IMO of course.

• Options
    I have updated the league I will post it tonight with tonight scores
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    if your on facebook i have made a group full league table will be on there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/685768021852681/
  • Options
  • Options
    league all update on the facebook group here the link
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/685768021852681/
  • Options
    i will be adding the 14:45 and the 17:30 tournaments to the league next week
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    We can't see the league table without a facebook account and I'm not signing up for one.

Any chance you can post the table on here, like you have done previously.

Thanks

Good luck.
  • Options

We can't see the league table without a facebook account and I'm not signing up for one.

Any chance you can post the table on here, like you have done previously.

Thanks

Good luck.

I will be posting a league table here but I want be the full one as I only get the top 92 and there is 300 people in it
  • Options
    The 14:45 and the 17:30 is in the league now same way to score points best 5 results for the week
  • Options
  • Options
    Sky might want as to reg I have asked for prizes again so please leave you table name just I case we have to reg
    Thank you