You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Vegas poker success? Not so much. Touristy stuff, more than enough.

2»

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    And , purely by chance, whilst reading about your travel through Nipton, I drive past a vehicle bearing a similar name.

Small world.

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Fun read, thanks for posting
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    Amazing stuff Tikay, you do get about a bit don't you.

Now about those fish, they look like carp to me, how big were they? I would guess at about 2ft long, so probably 10-20lb in weight? If you say they were 4ft long then I may end up trying to persuade the other half to take another trip to Vegas.

It looks like your having a great time so keep it up and try to cap it all with a good win before you come back.

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    A great read & great photos B)
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Really enjoyed this, thanks Teacakes. Cracking pins, too.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    SR23 said:

Really enjoyed this, thanks Teacakes. Cracking pins, too.

At his age, his pins probably are cracking.
  • AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    Wow sounds a fantastic trip
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,178
    Great read as always. Thanks
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    Tikay10 said:

And unlike the UK, if you wanna go walk on the track, go ahead, help yourself.

Isn't this just the most exciting thing ever?

Reckon this is a great photo. I look a bit like Bruce Springstein, or some symbol of masculinity, stood there straddling the track.

Oh, & if you can tear your eyes away from that photo of me momentarily, far left you can see the shipping trolley big wheel sculpture.

What a photo, huh?

Great picture! Looking in good nick there TK. Enjoy the trip.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Smashing waffle. Really interesting to see some off the beaten track parts of the country.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    DOHHHHHHH said:

Tikay10 said:

And unlike the UK, if you wanna go walk on the track, go ahead, help yourself.

Isn't this just the most exciting thing ever?

Reckon this is a great photo. I look a bit like Bruce Springstein, or some symbol of masculinity, stood there straddling the track.

Oh, & if you can tear your eyes away from that photo of me momentarily, far left you can see the shipping trolley big wheel sculpture.

What a photo, huh?

Great picture! Looking in good nick there TK. Enjoy the trip.
    Agreed he looks really well he also looks like he's enjoying himself with Gill and that's the main thing
    Great to see these photos and it's great to see them having fun just hope Tikay has a score now gl
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Thank you Tikay waffle of the highest order.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    This is amazing. I wish we'd gone to some of these places you've mentioned. We had no idea of there existence even after staring at maps for days.

Everywhere takes so long to get to and we kind of screwed up by trying to see everything in South West USA in 8 days which would be hard enough in a helicopter, we learnt.

Our initial plan was Vegas > Grand Canyon South Rim > Death Valley > General Sherman > Yosemite > San Fran > Big Sur > LA.

Now after experiencing it I can say I've never been so absurdly ambitious in my life. To do the above you'd need to just drive and pretty much never stop. So, we ended up just freelancing it and doing what we could day by day.

Couldn't get to General Sherman because we were on the wrong side of the mountains. Tioga Pass was closed! Fortunately the only way round was through Sonora Pass which is utterly incredible. It's so surreal being cooked alive in Death Valley and then a few hours later having to get your jacket out cos the snow is everywhere!

Whatever mistakes we made, the experience was incredible and we both underestimated the beauty South West USA holds. It's easily the best place I have ever been.